The Royal Family Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don’t believe she was murdered. 

have you done the same level of research on the rest of the royal family?

Depends on the story and subject.  I do it with most news reports on anything to be honest.

What's your point?  

Let's just get this out the way or we'll  be here all night!!  I am not saying that the royals are perfect. I am not saying that Prince Charles was innocent or some saint either.  God I may go as far as to say that he may have started it.  It's was clear that neither of them were happy and both had problems. The whole family will have skeletons in their closet and faults but that's just  like every other human being.

However, since the topic swayed to Diana that is the opinion I am giving. That is what was under discussion. 

All I'm trying to counter in this debate is the portrayal of Diana as the  innocent party and barbs thrown at the royals for being some pantomime baddie in the story. I think that is wrong so I'm giving the picture that I thought was a real Diana.

I'm sure many will disagree.

Edited by ECCOnoob

37 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who is to blame for her death ?

I'll answer it for yer Hackey.

It was Dodi, his head and shoulders were found in the glove compartment of the Merc.

If you ask me 'washing your hair distracting a drunken driver' is only asking for trouble 🥴.

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I'll answer it for yer Hackey.

It was Dodi, his head and shoulders were found in the glove compartment of the Merc.

If you ask me 'washing your hair distracting a drunken driver' is only asking for trouble 🥴.

Wow

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Depends on the story and subject.  I do it with most news reports on anything to be honest.

What's your point?  

Let's just get this out the way or we'll  be here all night!!  I am not saying that the royals are perfect. I am not saying that Prince Charles was innocent or some saint either.  God I may go as far as to say that he may have started it.  It's was clear that neither of them were happy and both had problems. The whole family will have skeletons in their closet and faults but that's just  like every other human being.

However, since the topic swayed to Diana that is the opinion I am giving. That is what was under discussion. 

All I'm trying to counter in this debate is the portrayal of Diana as the  innocent party and barbs thrown at the royals for being some pantomime baddie in the story. I think that is wrong so I'm giving the picture that I thought was a real Diana.

I'm sure many will disagree.

For once , not me 

17 hours ago, makapaka said:

What you asking me for - living it up in Paris apparently?

I don’t care either way - but am interested how you have such an insight.

where are you getting your information from?

is it the same place from which you  form your judgement on the rest of the royal family?

Regarding Diana and Dodi they were very high profile clients....

No driver or bodyguard worth their salt would ever be drunk or take a drink while on duty !!!...

I have a good friend who has been a bodyguard for business men,comedians and a certain MP....

He stated that he would never dream of having a drink of alcohol while Doing his duty it’s just not done so I find it very bizarre that someone looking after them would !!!....

There is a term:

“Dark Arts”...

There are many people who believe that’s what was used on that very unfortunate night !!!!...

Whether I believe in this is another question which I choose not to answer....

Edited by Box11

I read all the court transcripts of the Inquest into the death of Diana, 11 years after the actual death (?) and all I can say is that they gave a markedly different picture of Diana's death to the one being peddled in the popular press.

The verdict was 'Unlawful killing.'

58 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Regarding Diana and Dodi they were very high profile clients....

No driver or bodyguard worth their salt would ever be drunk or take a drink while on duty !!!...

I have a good friend who has been a bodyguard for business men,comedians and a certain MP....

He stated that he would never dream of having a drink of alcohol while Doing his duty it’s just not done so I find it very bizarre that someone looking after them would !!!....

There is a term:

“Dark Arts”...

There are many people who believe that’s what was used on that very unfortunate night !!!!...

Whether I believe in this is another question which I chose not to answer....

Of course 

56 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I read all the court transcripts of the Inquest into the death of Diana, 11 years after the actual death (?) and all I can say is that they gave a markedly different picture of Diana's death to the one being peddled in the popular press.

The verdict was 'Unlawful killing.'

By a drunk driver 

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

By a drunk driver 

From the 2007 inquest:

3 THE JURY FOREMAN: The deceased is Diana, Princess of Wales.
24 The cause of death is chest injury, laceration within
25 the left pulmonary vein and the immediate adjacent

1 portion of the left atrium of the heart.
2 Diana, Princess of Wales, died La Pitie-Salpetriere
3 Hospital in Paris at around 4 am on 31st August 1997 as
4 a result of a motor crash which occurred in the Alma
5 Underpass in Paris on 31st August 1997 at around
6 12.22 am. The crash was caused or contributed to by
7 the speed and manner of driving of the Mercedes,
8 the speed and manner of driving of the following
9 vehicles [the paparazzi]
, the impairment of the judgment of the driver
10 of the Mercedes through alcohol
. Nine of us are agreed
11 on those points, sir.
12 In addition, the death of the deceased was caused or
13 contributed to by the fact that the deceased was not
14 wearing a seat-belt, the fact that the Mercedes struck
15 the pillar in the Alma Tunnel
, rather than colliding
16 with something else, and we are unanimously agreed on
17 that.

Drunk driver unable to control the car.  Collision and impact injuries.  No seat belt.  Manslaughter charges against the paparazzi had been dropped five years earlier,  and they were acquitted of invasion of privacy for taking photographs of the crash. 

Even Mohamed Al-Fayed accepted the verdict soon after it was announced.  

Looking forward to hearing more about how Prince Philip orchestrated it all, though, from our resident conspiracy theorist loons.