The Royal Family Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I feel sorry for the guy.

Mental illness often isn't taken seriously enough until its too late. I hope if found guilty he's given a sentence where he gets treatment not just punishment. 

Hopefully, Its not normal to use fantasy films as a springboard to real world murder...i dont think

Taken from the Guardian...

"The psychiatrist identified traits of autistic spectrum disorder but not enough to confirm a diagnosis and they did not impact on his offending, the court heard.

Chail had difficulty developing relationships and was socially isolated, but Blackwood added: “It’s very important to recognise this is a 19-year-old young man whose contact has been disrupted by the Covid pandemic like many of his peers.”

I admire all the sympathetic views but I can't help but think the shouts of "INCEL!!!!!" would be reverberating around certain posters if he was a teenage white kid.

Edited by Al Bundy

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

"The psychiatrist identified traits of autistic spectrum disorder but not enough to confirm a diagnosis and they did not impact on his offending, the court heard.

Chail had difficulty developing relationships and was socially isolated, but Blackwood added: “It’s very important to recognise this is a 19-year-old young man whose contact has been disrupted by the Covid pandemic like many of his peers.”

I admire all the sympathetic views but I can't help but think the shouts of "INCEL!!!!!" would be reverberating around certain posters if he was a teenage white kid.

What's "INCEL" got to do with it at all ?

"Difficulty developing relationships"  doesn't necessarily mean incel.   Not all human relationships are sexual,     and    HE WASN'T A TEENAGE WHITE KID.

Still trying to stir it and still trying to bring colour into it.     You just can't resist it.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

What's "INCEL" got to do with it at all ?

"Difficulty developing relationships"  doesn't necessarily mean incel.   Not all human relationships are sexual,     and    HE WASN'T A TEENAGE WHITE KID.

Still trying to stir it and still trying to bring colour into it.     You just can't resist it.

Just pointing out the obvious don't get all shouty about it.

As I mentioned previously, when the Guardian makes everything about race why don't you call that out?

All I am doing is highlighting hypocrisy.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

19 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

whats race got to do with it, apart from youre the one shoehorning it in, autism is a broad spectrum, Incels are incels (its something you subscribe to when you feel hard done by and get obsessed), it doesnt matter what the subjects race or colour is, this is talking about mental health, whats happening on the inside.

On 05/07/2023 at 10:30, Organgrinder said:

I wonder why you love this phrase so much as you use it regularly ?           That must be a legacy of when you was the last one in the galvanised tin bath as a kid.

So that this advice can be disseminated more widely?

By those , like yourself,  who have started to use the term, to admonish those who complain about democracy, while complaining about democracy yourself. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Your attempts to be one of the knowledgeable elite is laughable.                Are you still sweeping your little hut on your Caribbean island ?

Since you don't/won't/can't travel to other countries, I would advise you to update your subscription to the National Geographic Magazine. The world has changed since the natives lined up naked, smiling for Western photographers in the days before Playboy put them out of business.  :)

We don't have true democracy,  we have a sham. 

Take my advice which you seem to have globbed on to, in your admonishment to other posters,

Stop whining, and "Vote Wisely :)

As to my use of the King's english, I am one who takes delight in all manifestations of the literary muse.

But for you, I'll just say, tek di 'ook!

:)

Edited by trastrick

On 20/08/2018 at 07:52, Baron99 said:

Or would this £2 million, rather than being spent, (wasted), on a single day, be better spent by adding it to say the NHS budget or allocating it to the money set aside by the Govt. to provide additional funding to companies taking on apprentices?

There's lots of disconnects between Western domestic "needs" and colonial "wants".

"Humanitarian aid" to such countries as North Korea, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, and South Africa, that keep corrupt governments in power, (by filling empty bellies, the very stuff that foments revolution and change :) ). Many of which seek our destruction.

The annual "flood relief package" to to Pakistan, who spend $billions on their Nuclear Weapons and military, and nothing on flood control, dams and irrigation, where it would be better used! 

Not to mention the Western money that goes to Putin (Oil and Gas purchases)and Zelensky (Weapons) that keeps the latest European War going indefinitely.

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do, or die!"

Vote wisely!  :)

Edited by trastrick

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I would still like to know who votes unwisely at the time they put their X in the box.

By the look of the choice we have got,  everybody who votes, I would say.

• 1 month later...