The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Is it wrong to admit that you’re not a ‘royalist’? I quite like the idea of the ‘head of state’ being elected to a ‘term of office’, is that wrong? I’m not about to change my mind on this, am I wrong?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Is it wrong to admit that you’re not a ‘royalist’? I quite like the idea of the ‘head of state’ being elected to a ‘term of office’, is that wrong? I’m not about to change my mind on this, am I wrong?

Nope. I'm with you wholeheartedly.

Happy to be an anti-royalist. Would be even happier if there were no royalty to be anti about.

• Like 1

Just now, Bargepole23 said:

Nope. I'm with you wholeheartedly.

Happy to be an anti-royalist. Would be even happier if there were no royalty to be anti about.

The only way you can permanently end Royalty is to round up and exterminate anyone in the royal bloodline, men woman and children. :)

Lest another generation want to return the nation to monarchy, like they did after Cromwell.

Russia showed you the way, when they routed the Romanovs. :)

44 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Rest assured when the sad day happens and the Queen dies which I hope is many years away the monarchy will live on. 

Gets my vote as well Westi

Long live the Queen.

Anti Royalist what the hell is that all about ?

Hate the country you live, have been brought up and benefited from  - find somewhere better.

Keep safe out there 8) .

10 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Gets my vote as well Westi

Long live the Queen.

Anti Royalist what the hell is that all about ?

Hate the country you live, have been brought up and benefited from  - find somewhere better.

Keep safe out there 8) .

It's got nothing to do with hating the country. Would I fight for my country? Yes if I had to. Would I fight for a king or queen? absolutely not.

No-one should be born into a job, it is just wrong. They could be awful at it but couldn't be removed. Some counter by saying we could have a had Tony Blair elected head of state, well firstly Blair was very popular as a prime minister up to the Iraq war, and secondly it could well be the disgraced Andrew next in line for the throne. 

What would people have thought to that. Would royalty still be their choice for Head of State? 

Just now, West 77 said:

The capacity was reduced in 1649 and since then the monarchy of the day hasn't ruled Britain.

I know that, I'm talking about numbers and hangers on. I believe Charles is already trying to reduce it down to immediate family, ie just William's family.

33 minutes ago, blackydog said:

It's got nothing to do with hating the country. Would I fight for my country? Yes if I had to. Would I fight for a king or queen? absolutely not.

No-one should be born into a job, it is just wrong. They could be awful at it but couldn't be removed. Some counter by saying we could have a had Tony Blair elected head of state, well firstly Blair was very popular as a prime minister up to the Iraq war, and secondly it could well be the disgraced Andrew next in line for the throne. 

What would people have thought to that. Would royalty still be their choice for Head of State? 

So lets work that one out then.

You'd fight for your country but not fight for the King or country (absolutely not) :huh: 

So how does that work  :huh: do you have bullets that would differentiate between those attacking you and those you've invited to 'take over :huh: (by the way, has Putin revived your invitation yet )

Andrews a disgrace etc fair enough, Asking because of Andrews failings would Royalty be the choice for head of state is a red herring. Barring some catastrophe it was never going to happen anyway.

No one should be born into a job, or have lots of money, or look after their own  God forbid you ever win the lottery or be in a position to 'help' a family member out job wise - gonna be a few family members out in the cold.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Hopefully in a reduced capacity. 

As above hope your never in a position to be helping immediate family out.

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I know that, I'm talking about numbers and hangers on. I believe Charles is already trying to reduce it down to immediate family, ie just William's family.

God save the Queen 8).

Royalty is not up there with the worst problems in UK society.

As a monarch, she's about the best there is.

She joined the ATS and drove trucks during WW2, her family would not leave the country during the war, and they (and Churchill) inspired a nation to defend the country to the last man. Dad's Army was not the joke they portrayed it to be.

One nation together!

Boris, Blair et al could never inspire that level of national service.

Those days are gone, forever!

Edited by trastrick