The Royal Family Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, makapaka said:

That people still fall for it all. 

Just seems to me that people are actually just outside enjoying themselves and being proud of their country.

Seems like no one can take pride in anything lately. Other countries can celebrate but not us... 

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I'll tell you whats disgusting, Charles wearing all those Medals, he hasn't earned one of them, the only Battle he has ever been involved in,  was with Princess Di in which she won.  

Spot on!  Maybe they're boy scout and D of E awards.  Or one for the single O Level he gained.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 18:29, PRESLEY said:

Tourist come from all over the world to see the Tower, of London Windsor castle, sSonehenge, York, they very rarely see the royals because the are  never around, because they are on their jollys most of the time , so they are not the reason for tourism,  so if they got rid of the royals tourism would still thrive, Same as millions of people go to Washington, Las Vegas, Newyork ect, they are going visit the cities they are not going to see the President. The Royals don't  bring hundreds of millions in at all.

Of course tourists do.  Paris is just behind London in terms of tourist numbers & they got rid of their Royals centuries ago.  Outside the big events such as this weekend, tourist don't come to see the Royal Family.  They come to London for the heritage, watching the Changing of the Guard, Tower of London, to stand outside Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park; go on the London Eye or catch a West End show, etc.  You'll still have all of this without a Royal Family, 

I bet more tourists end up with green carrier bags from Harrod's than see a member of the Royal Family and when they visit London.   It's the ciry that brings in the money. 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Just seems to me that people are actually just outside enjoying themselves and being proud of their country.

Seems like no one can take pride in anything lately. Other countries can celebrate but not us... 

no one’s stopping anyone celebrating are they? 

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

no one’s stopping anyone celebrating are they? 

No they aren't & according to Sir Beer Starmer, it's our "Patriotic duty" to do so this weekend. 

I'll have a pint if you're buying, Mr S. 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, butlers said:

A great use of public resources.

maybe they could do a bit in the foodbanks over the weekend as well.