The Royal Family Discussion Thread

I am not a royalist, however looking at celebrations going on all over the country, I reckon that the Monster Raving Loony Party has a better chance of forming a government than the abolishment of the monarchy has of happening.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

What a marvellous opportunity this has been for the moaners and critics .

What. will be the next British institution that can be criticised and moaned about by it’s citizens ?

Probably somebody who makes a post to moan about the moaners.

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I am not a royalist, however looking at celebrations going on all over the country, I reckon that the Monster Raving Loony Party has a better chance of forming a government than the abolishment of the monarchy has of happening.

I reckon they would make a better government too.

I see from photos in today's papers that 'security conscious' Meghan & Harry,  actually lowered the presumably bullet-proof window of the limo they were travelling in, so that they could provide a better photo opportunity for the media. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

I see from photos in today's papers that 'security conscious' Meghan & Harry,  actually lowered the presumably bullet-proof window of the limo they were travelling in, so that they could provide a better photo opportunity for the media. 

The media shove these in our face,why can't they just ignore them and concentrate on the rest.

21 hours ago, Delayed said:

Just seems to me that people are actually just outside enjoying themselves and being proud of their country.

Seems like no one can take pride in anything lately. Other countries can celebrate but not us... 

Wouldn't be surpised if the folks down on celebrating the longevity of the Queen, have no problem on Gay Pride Days, where they demand to be recognized for their sexual choices.

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Wouldn't be surpised if the folks down on celebrating the longevity of the Queen, have no problem on Gay Pride Days, where they demand to be recognized for their sexual choices.

Eh?

how did you get from the queen to gay pride?

7 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Freddie Mercury?

What a punch line - brilliant.   I was also wondering what that answer was going to be.

Consider yourself O.B.J.   Order of  British  Jokers

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Or even at No. 10 Downing Street, where rumour has it that Carrie Johnson said "I'm with the gays" as she celebrated Dominic Cummings leaving Downing Street by playing Abba songs.