The Royal Family Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

I am not a royalist, however looking at celebrations going on all over the country, I reckon that the Monster Raving Loony Party has a better chance of forming a government than the abolishment of the monarchy has of happening.

That's the media for you. It looks like everyone is celebrating. But I've been out and about this afternoon and can honestly say that there hasn't been a sign of any celebrating in my neck of the woods. 

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That's the media for you. It looks like everyone is celebrating. But I've been out and about this afternoon and can honestly say that there hasn't been a sign of any celebrating in my neck of the woods. 

In my neck of the woods, the Teddy Bears were having a Jubilee picnic.

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Oh well if it's not happening in your neck of the woods..  

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Bet there are plenty enjoying the extra bank holiday arising from the the celebration though.   Plenty out there enjoying the sunshine yesterday.  Town was certainly busy, the bars were rammed, the food festival was busy....  over in my local Village the bunting was out across the roundabout and all the pubs had their flags, all filled with people enjoying a pint in the sun.   Perhaps all those people would have preferred to be just a regular working Thursday eh?  

For all the criticism of 'Queenie day' not much whinging about that element. Just because not everyone is waving a flag on the mall or glued to the television watching proceedings, doesn't necessarily mean they are not reaping the benefits of the celebration another way.

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Or even at No. 10 Downing Street, where rumour has it that Carrie Johnson said "I'm with the gays" as she celebrated Dominic Cummings leaving Downing Street by playing Abba songs. 

Is that true ? And why should she say that about Cummings leaving ?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Were you at Jeremies ?

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Is that true ? And why should she say that about Cummings leaving ?

Were you at Jeremies ?

No, sadly Jeremy forgot to post my invite, so I had to watch a bit of that dirge and drivel that was the Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen.

Is it just me, that thinks it represented everything that's wrong with the Church of England? Slow, miserable, long-winded and pompous; that parade alone of the church worthies in their finest went on forever.  What church needs that many chiefs when it's got hardly any Indians. I turned it off after half an hour, it just made me want to slit my wrists.

Where was the joy, the feeling of commmunity and coming together, something to lift the spirits? No wonder the Queen did a no show. The woman has some sense; probably sat at home with a gin and tonic happilly watching the racing;...  

Edited by Anna B

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Bet there are plenty enjoying the extra bank holiday arising from the the celebration though.   Plenty out there enjoying the sunshine yesterday.  Town was certainly busy, the bars were rammed, the food festival was busy....  over in my local Village the bunting was out across the roundabout and all the pubs had their flags, all filled with people enjoying a pint in the sun.   Perhaps all those people would have preferred to be just a regular working Thursday eh?  

For all the criticism of 'Queenie day' not much whinging about that element. Just because not everyone is waving a flag on the mall or glued to the television watching proceedings, doesn't necessarily mean they are not reaping the benefits of the celebration another way.

Why would anyone moan about a bank holiday - that they moved anyway by the way.

are we supposed to thank the queen for that?

8 hours ago, ukdobby said:

The media shove these in our face,why can't they just ignore them and concentrate on the rest.

What’s up with Harry and Meghan? Not royal enough?

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No, sadly Jeremy forgot to post my invite, so I had to watch a bit of that dirge and drivel that was the Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen.

Is it just me, that thinks it represented everything that's wrong with the Church of England? Slow, miserable, long-winded and pompous; that parade alone of the church worthies in their finest went on forever.  What church needs that many chiefs when it's got hardly any Indians. I turned it off after half an hour, it just made me want to slit my wrists.

Where was the joy, the feeling of commmunity and coming together, something to lift the spirits? No wonder the Queen did a no show. The woman has some sense; probably sat at home with a gin and tonic happilly watching the racing;...  

No you didn’t have to watch it . You know why the Queen was a no show . Why comment if you don’t like it all 

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes how boring and complete self indulgence,  the penny just doesn't drop with these people they  spend time with the  boring circle in their own out of touch bubble they live in, they  could have gone   not too  far away to street parties ect and mixed with the people who made the effort to support them but no! They insist on keeping well away from us Peasents,  thats why I don't give a toss about them because they don't give a toss about us in the real world.