The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Have you not seen the News this evening which shows  The Mall still crowded with fans of the monarchy a day after our Queen appeared on the Buckingham Palace balcony?

Same as Wembley on FA Cup day, supporters only, not the rest of the rest of the sixty odd million of the country. By the way the majority on the Mall  have gone to see the performing artist, so don't carried away. Look here! The Queen has done a fantastic job and William will do the same when given the chance but several other members of the family have let her down and let this country down.

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Credit for saying the Queen has done a fantastic job. BTW the crowds in the Mall have been there all day and the performing artists don't take stage until this evening.

The majority of the crowd are there irrespective to all day or not see the performers. Right Cop for this!  For those with short memories, The biggest amount of people London has ever seen was for  The most loved and adored person that should have been Queen but sadly never was being  Diana,  From the morning after the night befores tragic news till the end of her funeral The Capital had never endured such a vast amount of people. I hope I am around for Williams Coronation. 

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

To be fair I feel sorry for the Queen with what she has to put up with,  Phillips womanising, the Charles and Di divorce episode, Edward giving up the Marines training to become a Ballerina and of course not to forget Andrew the Perv.  If that lot followed Harry and dissapeared to live in America and William to become King then you would not here speak of the Embarrasing lot again, and I would be a Royalist. 

Ah so we put up with all of them because of the queen- who settled Andrew’s debt to silence the poor girl at the end of it- sound.

As far as the Royal Family are concerned, I can take them or leave them. I understand the complaints about their wealth and privilege and the sycophants who drool over them but they've kept us amused and entertained over the years. It's like a cross between an upper class reality TV show and a soap opera with an exotic array of characters. We've had the beautiful princess who died in a tragic car accident; the older and plainer woman who replaced her, becoming the pantomime villain everybody booed and hissed at; the inappropriate princess who was a loose cannon and ended up being photographed having her toes sucked; the wicked prince who used his royal kudos to seduce young women; the rebellious prince who married a narcissistic 3rd rate American actress who tamed and trained him and now leads him around like a little woke puppy; the cantankerous old prince who kept making gaffs because he wasn't politically correct; the loveable matriarch devoted to duty and the handsome Prince Charming and his perfect wife. We just need a perfect stranger turning up, claiming to be the illegitimate son/daughter of one of them.

Guest makapaka
12 minutes ago, despritdan said:

As far as the Royal Family are concerned, I can take them or leave them. I understand the complaints about their wealth and privilege and the sycophants who drool over them but they've kept us amused and entertained over the years. It's like a cross between an upper class reality TV show and a soap opera with an exotic array of characters. We've had the beautiful princess who died in a tragic car accident; the older and plainer woman who replaced her, becoming the pantomime villain everybody booed and hissed at; the inappropriate princess who was a loose cannon and ended up being photographed having her toes sucked; the wicked prince who used his royal kudos to seduce young women; the rebellious prince who married a narcissistic 3rd rate American actress who tamed and trained him and now leads him around like a little woke puppy; the cantankerous old prince who kept making gaffs because he wasn't politically correct; the loveable matriarch devoted to duty and the handsome Prince Charming and his perfect wife. We just need a perfect stranger turning up, claiming to be the illegitimate son/daughter of one of them.

And after all that people queue up to see them on the streets. 

32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ah so we put up with all of them because of the queen- who settled Andrew’s debt to silence the poor girl at the end of it- sound.

Example! Until  Johnson's own party give the required votes of no confidence, he will carry on serving his term, there for we put up, as for the Queen, she is Queen till she dies as for the rest of the family who let her down,  sadly we just have to hope they all get Covid :gag: and yes we know its a lame cover story, but if it keeps them being well out of the way that'll do for me,   until the day comes we can get rid of them for good,  we do have to put up with being opressed. :roll:

Guest makapaka
51 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

People probably realise the Royals have problems in their family like everyone else and they can empathise with the Queen.

Fortunately I don’t remember having to bail my kid out for dodgy goings on with girls and even if I could I wouldn’t.

ask most families with problems if they empathise with the royals……if only they had a bit of money to sort it out….

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Fortunately I don’t remember having to bail my kid out for dodgy goings on with girls and even if I could I wouldn’t.

ask most families with problems if they empathise with the royals……if only they had a bit of money to sort it out….

What a total croc.

If your kids got them selves into trouble you wouldn't help them.

Shame on you  👎 :cry: .