The Royal Family Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, altus said:

I think you're overestimating how important the chance of seeing a royal is for tourism. Brighton Pavilion stopped being a royal residence in 1850 and that's always rammed with tourists.

Tower of London is packed  through the summer months and obviously not as busy in winter but even so it takes a lot money and there and there no Royals present.    Windsor Castle is enormous and when the Royals are  resident they live well out of the way at back which is  sealed of by Police and Guards but tourist flock to see the fantastic historical Castle and grounds.

When Royals go on visits say to charities, they get full media coverage and raise that charity's profile which benefits the charity.

I do wonder if anyone else, eg president or personality (of which there are many,) could do that so affectively.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Been reading through this thread with interest.....

I've come to the conclusion that very soon a Forum member will be receiving a Knighthood!  

Blimey.......

ARISE SIR ROCKER  ⚔️

What!  a Condom. :hihi:

3 hours ago, Dromedary said:

The easiest way for a tourist to check is to see if the Royal Standard is being flown as that signifies the Queen in residence. But if they do go on the chance of seeing the Queen or a member of Royalty then they are just stupid as most of the population of England have never seen one.

I do know someone who saw Prince Charles leaving Windsor Castle when they were on holiday a few years ago also someone else who saw Princess Anne leaving Buckingham Palace in a car, again that was a few years ago. Tourists particularly Americans and Chinese do hang around these places hoping to get a glimps of Royalty.  They just happened to be there at the right time.  

Edited by hauxwell

3 hours ago, blackydog said:

That will be a no then. Thought so.

you - I love the queen me.

me - why?

you - err...

Typical of your average royalist to be fair.

I'll have a go 🙄 .

I simply won't play your tit for tat game by answering your non questions.

You are only interesting in scoring points in some attempt to promote your belief in a republic as a one and only alternative.

I haven't a problem with you having your beliefs.

But, 'Am I a 'Monarchist ? would be a better question to ask me.

Simple answer if it means winding someone up who thinks the Monarchy will be replaced in their life time and run by an 'elected' leader, then 'Hell Yes'.  

Its a well known fact - revolutions fail time & time again because no thought has gone into what's to  replace the present regime. 

Other Country's around the world that are 'Republic's' are hardly shining examples, and you'd have to go a long way back to find any of our 'Elected' Prime Ministers that the general public had any real trust or proved their worth.

Imagine Boris with 'free reign, worse still Corbyn, we sure as sh*t'e wouldn't be sending arms to the Ukraine.

Find someone who would work for the good of this Great little Country of ours (and not split it up) and you can have my vote, but why the desire to eradicate our Monarchy and a big part of Great Britain's History at the same time doesn't make sense.

Out of politeness, I shan't comment over the Royals wealth, and the privileges of being born into the Monarchy.   

You have made your feelings well known on that subject, and I am happy to agree to disagree on those reasonings. 

See all nice and polite (ish).

Keep safe blackydog  8) .

Guest makapaka
13 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Easy answer.

See the source image

Ignoring pillocks for 70 years. 

So much wrong with that photo but you crack on.

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Yet posting 'Why' to 'Long Live The Queen'

is so right :loopy:.

Well yeah - long live anyone - I don’t wish her dead.

the why is more why people are so enamoured by someone peddling about in a gold carriage when relatively they haven’t got a pot to wee in.

but will also hammer people with nowt for hanging around town centre steps.

all very weird.

37 minutes ago, trastrick said:

People having a good time, is like showing a cross to a vapire!

How dare they!

Was talking more about all the royals in their military regalia for all the times they got shot at in some remote country. 

Guest makapaka

Put simply - I hate the idea that for some reason people think that there are a group of people that are somehow more deserving than us by way of their hereditary privilege.

that they’re somehow better than you and should be lauded.

and that their prizes from that privilege aren’t to be challenged because of who they are.

i think that idea is obscene.