The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Get well soon Queenie.

Maybe all the stress caused by that horrible grandson and his nut job wife have taken its toll?

Agree, but just to clarify, Prince Andrew is her son,  & Sarah Ferguson actually divorced him in 1996 so she is no longer his wife. 👌

Edited by AndrewC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Indeed. Thoughts and prayers for a lady who has diligently done her duty with good grace for a long long time.   

I fully agree 🙂

(first time I've read some of the previous posts and Harvey's and Rocker's posts really impressed me)

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Just watched a bit of news and it all sounds very grim 

It's funny, I've never been a royalist, quite the opposite really. I'd prefer a republic having said that I feel quite sad and I'm hoping she makes a recovery.

I don't even know why. 

I'm no royalist either, but for the majority of the population she's been a constant in all our lives. 

• Like 2

Just now, saywhatnow said:

I'm no royalist either, but for the majority of the population she's been a constant in all our lives. 

That's a good point. She's been on the throne for such a long time, she will be an extremely tough act to follow. Let's hope she has a few more years left at the very least.