The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Heartfelt condolences to you all, on the passing of your Queen.

Regardless of how anyone feels about monarchy, about inherited wealth and status, about the UK…

…no one should ever be able to deny or talk down the sheer dignity, the unequalled sense of duty, and the steadfast dedication to her people, with which Elizabeth carried her role, for so long.

Today is a sad, sad day.

For once , please accept this :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll try not to be a hypocrite, even tonight.  I'm no lover of monarchy but I don't think I've ever had a go at the Queen.  Over the years, she has hardly put a foot wrong. 

On the flip-side of today, it'll be probably less than a month until many, many of those who are calling for sensitivity & compassion tonight, will be moaning about how much a State Funeral will be costing the taxpayers in these times. 

And wait until next year.  King Charles lll.  The world's most expensive coronation. 

Edited by Baron99

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

Regardless of how anyone feels about monarchy, about inherited wealth and status, about the UK…

…no one should ever be able to deny or talk down the sheer dignity, the unequalled sense of duty, and the steadfast dedication to her people, with which Elizabeth carried her role, for so long.

Today is a sad, sad day.

Very well said 👏 

52 minutes ago, melthebell said:

They have, sadly, but thats nothing to do with me, thats their personal loss, same i dont exepect them to mourn my family losses and theres been a lot.

BUT

I'm an anarchist and i can look through history and see whats happened and see how they keep power and sad to see how people doff the cap yet fighting between ourselves which keeps them at the top taking the most.

you can say it

Anarchist my backside , I know you from your younger days 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

Today is a sad, sad day.

To me, it’s no more sad than any other day, when many non-royal old people die; recently in care homes alone, unable to be visited by family.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

To me, it’s no more sad than any other day, when many non-royal old people die; recently in care homes alone, unable to be visited by family.

Indeed, and there are millions of others who have given a lifetime of service to their family, friends, community and the country, none of whom lived in outlandish luxury in palaces with servants. Time for the circus to end I think.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, L00b said:

Today is a sad, sad day.

M

No monarchist, and no fan of the others, but on this I agree, public service came

first, so unlike our politicians.

Edited by gamezone07