The Royal Family Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

We live in a proper weird country.

Don't we! The conspiracy loons on here were branding the monarchy murderers the other week for killing Diana, now the same people are chasing knighthoods with their fawning. Lol

3 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Don't we! The conspiracy loons on here were branding the monarchy murderers the other week for killing Diana, now the same people are chasing knighthoods with their fawning. Lol

Or, Putting their own feelings to one side and accepting that she was loved by many and will be missed by millions.

Thats not fawning, that's showing respect for another human being.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norbert said:

I think that there is a time and a place for things. I’ll be happy to explain why I think that the monarchy should be abolished, at the right time. That isn’t now.

For now, I think that it is respectful to step back and allow those who want to, to grieve.

I’m in France for a fortnight, they don’t have the best record with queens here, but they are highly respectful of one another. I’m hoping that stuff will be more normal when I get back and that people have been treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their opinions.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Or, Putting their own feelings to one side and accepting that she was loved by many and will be missed by millions.

Thats not fawning, that's showing respect for another human being.

I can't keep up, I thought you had her down as a lizard. 

Just now, Norbert said:

I can't keep up, I thought you had her down as a lizard. 

She’s the Labour candidate for Sheffield Central, silly.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I think that there is a time and a place for things. I’ll be happy to explain why I think that the monarchy should be abolished, at the right time. That isn’t now.

For now, I think that it is respectful to step back and allow those who want to, to grieve.

I’m in France for a fortnight, they don’t have the best record with queens here, but they are highly respectful of one another. I’m hoping that stuff will be more normal when I get back and that people have been treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their opinions.

This is the royal family discussion thread, if someone wants to start a RIP The Queen (no naysayers please) thread I'd respect that. 

Guest makapaka

I’d never wish anyone dead.

so i suppose it’s sad for a family that someone in their family has died.

This grief fest is weird tho. Proper odd. It’s like something you hear about in some dictator state.

in Asda and they were turning off the music - didn’t turn the tills off though.

proper weird country. 

Edited by makapaka

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’d never wish anyone dead.

so i suppose it’s sad for a family that someone in their family has died.

This grief fest is weird tho. Proper odd. It’s like something you hear about in some dictator state.

in Asda and they were turning off the music - didn’t turn the tills off though.

proper weird country. 

Did it cause you any harm, turning off the music?

• Like 1