The Royal Family Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’d never wish anyone dead.

so it’s sad that someone has died.

This grief fest is weird tho. Proper odd. It’s like something you hear about in some dictator state.

in Asda and they were turning off the music - didn’t turn the tills off though.

proper weird country. 

Don't confuse Asdas virtue signalling with people's genuine sense of grief. Like it or not she was loved by many.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

in Asda and they were turning off the music - didn’t turn the tills off though.

proper weird country. 

I agree with this entirely. 

There is talk of cancelling all sport for ten days. That’s ok, as long as they also cancel all work and commerce.

Somehow, I can see Asda objecting to that.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did it cause you any harm, turning off the music?

It wouldn’t have harmed  anyone to leave it on.

So, I can’t see your point. If indeed you had one.

It’s always heat-warming to see how subtle and effective our establishments’ propaganda machine is.</sarcasm>

That’s what concerns me; how easily and happily people are being conditioned by those in power, with an agenda. You’re told what to think, you’re told how you feel, and that we are all, as a nation, in mourning...

No, I’m not in mourning for someone I didn’t know, and had absolutely no connection with. Why should I be? It would be disingenuous of me, to say I was.

For me, it’s no more significant than *any* poor old lady dying. It’s a matter of personal loss, solely for the family, and that’s it.

I hope they find peace, and the space and time to process their loss; just like I would hope for any family.

51 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Don't we! The conspiracy loons on here were branding the monarchy murderers the other week for killing Diana, now the same people are chasing knighthoods with their fawning. Lol

I find it more weird that so called staunch republicans and anti-monarchists are still hanging around and choosing to keep living here. If you detest such a fundamental part of our society one would assume that when able to do so you will get out of it. Go live somewhere else which doesn't have a monarchy and more aligned with principles that you support.

No point whining about it but sitting here keeping status quo.  Fact is it ain't going to change anytime soon.  We have been a  monarchy for over 1200 years. It is part of the fabric of our nation and most people are content with that.

There is a long list of arguments about the stability monarch brings over other nations with the revolving door of leadership and despite its repeated naysayers and challengers it still holds impact and presence around the world even today.  If it wasn't a king or queen it'd be some president or emperor or statesman or dictator.

The grass really isn't always greener.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

I find it more weird that so called staunch republicans and anti-monarchists are still hanging around and choosing to keep living here. If you detest such a fundamental part of our society one would assume that we're able to do so you will get out of it. Go live somewhere else which doesn't have a monarchy I'm more aligned with principles that you support.

No point whining about it bit sitting here keeping status quo.  Fact is it ain't going to change anytime soon.  We have been a my of monarchy for over 1200 years it is part of the fabric of our nation and most people are content with that.

There is a long list of arguments about the stability monarch brings over other nations with the revolving door of leadership and despite its repeated naysayers and challengers it still holds impact and presence around the world even today.  It wasn't a king or queen it'd be some president or emperor or statesman or dictator.

Hahahahaha.

Best troll post ever.

👏👏👏

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, Waldo said:

It’s always heat-warming to see how subtle and effective our establishments’ propaganda machine is.</sarcasm>

That’s what concerns me; how easily and happily people are being conditioned by those in power, with an agenda. You’re told what to think, you’re told how you feel, and that we are all, as a nation, in mourning...

No, I’m not in mourning for someone I didn’t know, and had absolutely no connection with. Why should I be? It would be disingenuous of me, to say I was.

For me, it’s no more significant than *any* poor old lady dying. It’s a matter of personal loss, solely for the family, and that’s it.

I hope they find peace, and the space and time to process their loss; just like I would hope for any family.

This is exactly what I think.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Don't confuse Asdas virtue signalling with people's genuine sense of grief. Like it or not she was loved by many.

I suspect a lot of it, is not genuine at all; you tend to get a mass hysteria effect, where people are ‘grieving’, because others are and they feel it’s something they ‘should’ do; rather than it being a genuine reflection of what they deeply truly feel.

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I find it more weird that so called staunch republicans and anti-monarchists are still hanging around and choosing to keep living here. If you detest such a fundamental part of our society one would assume that we're able to do so you will get out of it. Go live somewhere else which doesn't have a monarchy I'm more aligned with principles that you support.

No point whining about it bit sitting here keeping status quo.  Fact is it ain't going to change anytime soon.  We have been a my of monarchy for over 1200 years it is part of the fabric of our nation and most people are content with that.

There is a long list of arguments about the stability monarch brings over other nations with the revolving door of leadership and despite its repeated naysayers and challengers it still holds impact and presence around the world even today.  It wasn't a king or queen it'd be some president or emperor or statesman or dictator.

YOU OK HUN?

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

You might want to edit this

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Could have said the same thing about people opposed to Hitler; should they have all left Germany because it was going to the Nazi’s? Or stay and resist the tyranny?