The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Guest makapaka
Just now, Waldo said:

I suspect a lot of it, is not genuine at all; you tend to get a mass hysteria effect, where people are ‘grieving’, because others are and they feel it’s something they ‘should’ do; rather than it being a genuine reflection of what they deeply truly feel.

Again - spot on. 

why do people want to go round moping for a fortnight cos someone died who’d they didn’t and never would know.

pointless.

i wasnt pleased to see the queen had died but I’m not gonna play along that I’m upset by it - cos I’m not.

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

I agree with this entirely. 

There is talk of cancelling all sport for ten days. That’s ok, as long as they also cancel all work and commerce.

Somehow, I can see Asda objecting to that.

It wouldn’t have harmed  anyone to leave it on.

So, I can’t see your point. If indeed you had one.

Why complain about something as petty as turning music off ?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Again - spot on. 

why do people want to go round moping for a fortnight cos someone died who’d they didn’t and never would know.

pointless.

i wasnt pleased to see the queen had died but I’m not gonna play along that I’m upset by it - cos I’m not.

I won’t be moping for a fortnight 

Just now, makapaka said:

I  wasnt pleased to see the queen had died but I’m not gonna play along that I’m upset by it - cos I’m not.

Nope, me neither, in fact, I kind of liked her; well, at least, the image our media portrayed of her. It’s hard to know if you’re getting a true picture of a person’s character, when you only experience them through the TV screen. That said, she came across as being quite dignified.

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why complain about something as petty as turning music off ?

As usual - you’ve missed the point entirely.

im not bothered about them turning the music off - but it’s just a pointless gesture.

if the company was so mortified why didn’t they let the staff go home as they must have felt the same:

or just turn the music off and pretend they’re arsed when they’re not.

4 minutes ago, Norbert said:

You might want to edit this

Too late. It is quoted for posterity.

The funniest bit of it is that Ecco is a staunch Tory. A party that impose their warped version of society on us using a captive 40% vote.

So most people don’t vote Tory. Maybe the Tories should all go and live somewhere else.

Just using Eccologic.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

As usual - you’ve missed the point entirely.

im not bothered about them turning the music off - but it’s just a pointless gesture.

if the company was so mortified why didn’t they let the staff go home as they must have felt the same:

or just turn the music off and pretend they’re arsed when they’re not.

He’s not even tried to engage with the point.

He just asks daft questions. It’s simply stimulus-response with Hacks.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Too late. It is quoted for posterity.

The funniest bit of it is that Ecco is a staunch Tory. A party that impose their warped version of society on us using a captive 40% vote.

So most people don’t vote Tory. Maybe the Tories should all go and live somewhere else.

Just using Eccologic.

He’s not even tried to engage with the point.

He just asks daft questions. It’s simply stimulus-response with Hacks.

At least I answer questions 

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I suspect a lot of it, is not genuine at all; you tend to get a mass hysteria effect, where people are ‘grieving’, because others are and they feel it’s something they ‘should’ do; rather than it being a genuine reflection of what they deeply truly feel.

Fair enough I can respect that opinion 🙏

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough I can respect that opinion 🙏

Yeah, it’s the difference between something that’s genuine, heart-felt, and comes from within the individual, a natural expression of grief etc. vs something that people have been manipulated or conditioned to feel, or to think they feel.

I know people can be fake-ass mo fo’s because I was; I remember getting all teary as a young teen when John Lennon was shot. It was totally dishonest of me; I probably wanted attention or something. Fake-ass mo fo I was! Only 13 or 14 though, so I’ll let myself off!

Take care.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I find it more weird that so called staunch republicans and anti-monarchists are still hanging around and choosing to keep living here. If you detest such a fundamental part of our society one would assume that when able to do so you will get out of it. Go live somewhere else which doesn't have a monarchy and more aligned with principles that you support.

Yeah, I'll move to France. Ah, shít, Brexit!

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, it’s the difference between something that’s genuine, heart-felt, and comes from within the individual, a natural expression of grief etc. vs something that people have been manipulated or conditioned to feel, or to think they feel.

I know people can be fake-ass mo fo’s because I was; I remember getting all teary as a young teen when John Lennon was shot. It was totally dishonest of me; I probably wanted attention or something. Fake-ass mo fo I was! Only 13 or 14 though, so I’ll let myself off!

Take care.

I certainly see your logic and that's a very honest post.

Big respect for that Waldo.

You take care too 🙏