The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, it’s the difference between something that’s genuine, heart-felt, and comes from within the individual, a natural expression of grief etc. vs something that people have been manipulated or conditioned to feel, or to think they feel

Bravo.

the only problem is the idea you should be grieving is gonna be foisted on us for a fortnight.

30 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, it’s the difference between something that’s genuine, heart-felt, and comes from within the individual, a natural expression of grief etc. vs something that people have been manipulated or conditioned to feel, or to think they feel.

Exactly, i aint going to pretend i feel sorrow, cos i dont., I havent been conditioned to.

I'm not a royalist but I've always had a sense of affection for her because her coronation was the same year I was born, so I feel as though I've grown up with her and she's always been a part of my life, albeit in the background so I'm a little sad that part of my life has ended. If we're going to have a monarch, we couldn't have had a better one as she was always dedicated and professional. However, the blanket coverage by the media has been over the top, presumably because they feel they have to do it or look disrespectful. They've been constantly telling us we're a nation in mourning but I think we're more a nation that's getting bored with hearing about it and angry about the prospect of the football being called off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

................ive always been a right wing patriotic ****

You really are the most immature, obnoxious individual imaginable. After your previous comments which were removed, I can't believe you have such a lack of self awareness as to think you can take the moral high ground. Do you think your simplistic virtue signalling and delusions of intellect make you morally superior to anybody?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, despritdan said:

You really are the most immature, obnoxious individual imaginable. After your previous comments which were removed, I can't believe you have such a lack of self awareness as to think you can take the moral high ground. Do you think your simplistic virtue signalling and delusions of intellect make you morally superior to anybody?

👏👏👏

43 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Well said. 

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

................ive always been a right wing patriotic ****

And you have always been a little inconsequential being with a need to swear 

2 hours ago, sibon said:

The funniest bit of it is that Ecco is a staunch Tory. A party that impose their warped version of society on us using a captive 40% vote.

A bit off topic to reply to your bit that was also off topic....

Just to remind you that the conservatives under Johnson got a greater share of the vote (43.6%) than Labour ever did under Blair (40.7%) 

:)