The Royal Family Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, L00b said:

Heartfelt condolences to you all, on the passing of your Queen.

Regardless of how anyone feels about monarchy, about inherited wealth and status, about the UK…

…no one should ever be able to deny or talk down the sheer dignity, the unequalled sense of duty, and the steadfast dedication to her people, with which Elizabeth carried her role, for so long.

Today is a sad, sad day.

What a lovely post.  Well said.

10 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

And Queen Camilla 

Yes and Queen Camilla.

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

Exactly, i aint going to pretend i feel sorrow, cos i dont., I havent been conditioned to.

Mel you can rip into me all you like, its water off a ducks back to me,  I'm no Royalist and no buts!  As seen on this Forum I treat the Royals like a Mexican Pinata, I have commented on Andrews capers and stuff surrounding Diana ect so there you go, I'm no fan,  on saying this, I took a day off slinging mud because a very old lady Lady passed away so respect is the foremost irrespective to what postition/status.  

• Like 2

Just now, PRESLEY said:

Mel you can rip into me all you like, its water off a ducks back to me,  I'm no Royalist and no buts!  As seen on this Forum I treat the Royals like a Mexican Pinata, I have commented on Andrews capers and stuff surrounding Diana ect so there you go, I'm no fan,  on saying this, I took a day off slinging mud because a very old lady Lady passed away so respect is the foremost irrespective to what postition/status.  

^^^this

Shame other forum members cant put a sock in it on the subject for a day or so.

• Like 2

I am a bit sad because it's the passing of an era, but I cannot understand these people who say they're really upset. She was 96 ! And she had a pretty good quality of life up until very recently. She's a very lucky woman really, I hope to Gawd I live to her age and, far more importantly, have her quality of life.

Quite apart from anything would she really have wanted to be drifting into senility whilst Monarch ? I don't think she would, and neither would the country come to that.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

I have no problem with anti-monarchists but I do feel sadness because of the hate which I've noticed and which in my opinion seems to have overridden the whole point of the thread which is really to pay our respects to the lady.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

I have no problem with anti-monarchists but I do feel sadness because of the hate which I've noticed and which in my opinion seems to have overridden the whole point of the thread which is really to pay our respects to the lady.

And I second that.  

19 minutes ago, cressida said:

Very well said 👏 

• Like 1

I’m far from being a fan of royalty in general but RIP to our late queen. She made a promise to serve our nation and she delivered in spades with decorum, dignity and sheer class. I do however hope that Harry’s attention seeking, z list wife can resist the temptation to make this sad event all about her and keep her gob shut for the duration.

• Like 1