The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Guest ThaBoom

Well, all the football games this weekend have been postponed, as announced by the Premier League.

It's going to be a boring weekend..

Guest makapaka
12 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Well, all the football games this weekend have been postponed, as announced by the Premier League.

It's going to be a boring weekend..

What a joke. 

State control like no other this. Nigh on brainwashing.

Downing Street has confirmed there is no obligation to postpone events or sporting fixtures during the mourning period for the Queen’s death.

The PM’s official spokesperson said:

There is no requirement, or obligation, to cancel or postpone events or sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues, during this period. It’s at the discretion of individual organisations.

They may wish to consider cancelling or postponing, particularly on the day of the state funeral, but they are under no obligation to do so.

Guest makapaka
Just now, The_DADDY said:

Oh please 🙄

Its all that’s being pumped out on any media format - “a nation mourns” - does it?

Everyone’s going to work but at the weekend you can’t watch anything funny on tv or watch any sport.

you’ve got be really sad this weekend ok.

back to work on Monday remember.

It’s like something you hear about when some Korean dictator dies.

Just now, makapaka said:

Its all that’s being pumped out on any media format - “a nation mourns” - does it?

Everyone’s going to work but at the weekend you can’t watch anything funny on tv or watch any sport.

you’ve got be really sad this weekend ok.

back to work on Monday remember.

It’s like something you hear about when some Korean dictator dies.

Stick a DVD on and stop moaning.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

1.Its all that’s being pumped out on any media format - “a nation mourns” - does it?

2 Everyone’s going to work but at the weekend you can’t watch anything funny on tv or watch any sport.

3.you’ve got be really sad this weekend ok.

4.back to work on Monday remember.

5.It’s like something you hear about when some Korean dictator dies.

1. Any media format?

Watch a different channel or watch one of the many streaming services or even YouTube.

2. Yes you can.

3. No you don't. Grief isn't compulsory. 

4. I'd have thought that makes you happy?

5. No it isn't.  You're being ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

1. Any media format?

Watch a different channel or watch one of the many streaming services or even YouTube.

2. Yes you can.

3. No you don't. Grief isn't compulsory. 

4. I'd have thought that makes you happy?

5. No it isn't.  You're being ridiculous. 

We’ll if you’re happy enough to put up with it for however long that’s up to you.

Weird.

My family and I were all booked to go to the Matlock illuminations on Saturday, incl staying the night, also booked and paid for.

We have just received an E Mail saying the illuminations "has been cancelled due to Death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II."

I think her death is significant, and a little sad as its the end of an era, but try as I might I cannot think cancelling the Matlock Bath illuminations is a proportionate reaction.....

• Like 2