The Royal Family Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There is an irony here, I am pretty sure the Queen would not have approved of cancelling stuff, esp stuff like Football Matches and Matlock Bath illuminations, because of her death. She was all about British stiff upper lip, keep going, wartime spirit and all that. 

On the other hand I can see why the Royal Mail strike should have been called off, certainly today's (there's a clue in the name).

I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted all today's racing cancelled?   There's a number of meetings which won't / can't be rearranged, unlike football matches, so businesses will be out of pocket. 

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

It hasn’t affected you. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t others - Chekhov’s example.

i know people who have spent a fortune to got to Plymouth this weekend and that’s been cancelled.

My wife is fuming about it, we're trying to see if we can cancel the accommodation as we speak, which will cost the local businesses there.....

And, as I said above, I am certain she (the Queen that is) wouldn't want any of this.

Edited by Chekhov

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Wonderful!

Yes, and her goodness shone through that lovely face.

Hilarious - amazed she didn’t get her own show…..

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My wife is fuming about it, we're trying to see if we can cancel the accommodation as we speak, which will cost the local businesses there.....

And, as I said above, I am certain she wouldn't want any of this.

You always have Blackpool and Cleethorpes? Get to see the new King Charles at the waxworks :)

38 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It hasn’t affected you. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t others - Chekhov’s example.

i know people who have spent a fortune to got to Plymouth this weekend and that’s been cancelled.

Well that settles it. We must be living in a dictatorship then. 

All hail King Charles Jong Un