The Royal Family Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

My wife is fuming about it, we're trying to see if we can cancel the accommodation as we speak, which will cost the local businesses there.....

And, as I said above, I am certain she wouldn't want any of this.

Just go to Matlock Bath anyway. There is plenty to do there. 

Hell, whilst you are there, nip over to Crich and have a wander down the tram tracks.

Edited by sibon

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Well that settles it. We must be living in a dictatorship then. 

All hail King Charles Jong Un

I was talking about the reaction to the death of someone considered to be of high regard.

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

Just go to Matlock Bath anyway. There is plenty to do there. 

Hell, whilst you are there, nip over to Crichton and have a wander down the tram tracks.

We specifically booked accommodation to attend the illuminations (it's on reasonably late considering its about an hour and a quarter over unlit single carriageway roads back home) and then Gullivers the following day. It's pointless staying over night just to go to Gullivers on the Sunday.

We were supposed to be having a weekend away for my wife's birthday, and she is quite upset about it actually, and all for nothing because, as I have repeatedly said, I am certain the (ex) Queen would not have wanted all this. It is the anti thesis of her whole character.

More controversially, one could say that after Covid people are used to cancelling stuff at the drop of a hat so its yet another negative result of the way it was approached......

It's Crich BTW, and you can "wander over the tram tracks", in fact you have to to get about the place. Just like most of the tram system in Sheffield come to that.....

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

It's Crich BTW, and you can "wander over the tram tracks", in fact you have o to get about the place. Just like most of the tram system in Sheffield come to that.....

Bloody autocorrect.

Modern Life Is Rubbish😁

Edited by sibon

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I'd have liked to have seen her being more 'human being' and less playing a royal role, being all formal, stiff and stuck up etc.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

We specifically booked accommodation to attend the illuminations (it's on reasonably late considering its about an hour and a quarter over unlit single carriageway roads back home) and then Gullivers the following day. It's pointless staying over night just to go to Gullivers on the Sunday.

We were supposed to be having a weekend away for my wife's birthday, and she is quite upset about it actually, and all for nothing because, as I have repeatedly said, I am certain the (ex) Queen would not have wanted all this. It is the anti thesis of her whole character.

More controversially, one could say that after Covid people are used to cancelling stuff at the drop of a hat so its yet another negative result of the way it was approached......

It's Crich BTW, and you can "wander over the tram tracks", in fact you have to to get about the place. Just like most of the tram system in Sheffield come to that.....

If you had insurance that may be worth enquiring about or if you paid by Visa credit.