The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

I don't either but in today's world people need to be seen and heard.  Even if they know their opinions will cause outrage. 

What I'm finding is that people such as Trevor Sinclair seem to think that they can speak on behalf of others. 

There's a video of a chip shop owner breaking out the champagne and dancing over the news. Needless to say she's had her chippy egged and had the police out. 

I don't know why people do this to themselves 

Yes,I saw the chippie owner doing her celebrations- I think she'll end up regretting it.

As I understand, the federation of some membership she held/ was part of, has been terminated by the governing body.

Some will likely not step in her chip shop again- given the living costs/ crisis, she picked a bad time to be an idiot 

5 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Yes,I saw the chippie owner doing her celebrations- I think she'll end up regretting it.

As I understand, the federation of some membership she held/ was part of, has been terminated by the governing body.

Some will likely not step in her chip shop again- given the living costs/ crisis, she picked a bad time to be an idiot 

She seemed a nutjob anyway. Bizarre signs up in the windows, proper tin foil hat stuff.

4 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I doubt very much that the Palace want the football to be postponed because there is the danger that could cause a bit of resentment to creep in.  A minutes silence/clapping, at each before game before  the kick off would have sufficed.

That's exactly what I was hoping would happen.

Other sports are still going on,so its odd the footie has been postponed.

I wonder if it's because William is the FA president?

Given how his grandmother was of the spirit,  "calm down and carry on" you'd expect it to continue as normal, with teams paying respect before kick off.