The Royal Family Discussion Thread

The Queens funeral is going to be a Bank Holiday.  Although they have not announced the date. Hopefully they will do it tomorrow.

The Great North Run is going ahead tomorrow up here in Newcastle. Smaller events have been cancelled for today. In fairness it should go ahead,  people travel from all over the UK, its the worlds largest half marathon and hotels will have been booked.

The Red Arrows who fly over the Tyne Bridge during the marathon are going to do two flyovers.   Not sure if it is out of respect for our late Queen. I hope it is.

Edited by hauxwell

5 minutes ago, altus said:

A new version of Crocodile Rock, in honour of her reptilian heritage. ;)

What do you mean ?

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Weird. 

A very strange comment when I stated "God Save the King" just after Charles had been proclaimed as our King.

Please explain what you mean.

3 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

The stupidity of it all amazes me . Riders from across the Globe arrive here to compete in good faith ,  one death among the millions who die every day stops them (among others } doing what they have come for , OK she may have been a nice old lady but no different from the nice old ladies on our street who may have worked in factories or other hard jobs , no one turns a hair when they pass on .

The Queen was our head of state.