The Royal Family Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

We all know why that is don't we?

It's costing a bomb, and if we knew exactly how much we'd probably all turn republican overnight. 

On the other hand, as taxpayers who are footing the bill in a time of Austerity, don't we have a right to know?

Because you and some others do not agree with the expenditure do not make the mistake in thinking everyone objects.

it is a country showing its respect and love for its head of state.

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think we should be told.

And what would you do if you knew ?

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Because you and some others do not agree with the expenditure do not make the mistake in thinking everyone objects.

it is a country showing its respect and love for its head of state.

I don't object actually, I'd just like to see it trimmed.

I hate waste, and much of what's happening now is superfluous, antiquated tosh.

Let's save it for the Funeral and the Coronation.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

And what would you do if you knew ?

That's a rather confrontational response. 

Clearly there's nothing I can do. However in this time with the soaring prices, cost of living crisis, more price rises in the near future, the prospect of power shortages this winter I think the general public have a right to know.

Don't you?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Are you enjoying mocking?

It's not just about mourning for decent British people who have pride in their own country.  It's about showing respect for our greatest ever monarch and appreciating the history of the moment.  It's not just decent British people honouring Queen Elizabeth II because respect is being shown towards her from every part of the World. 

The Royals deserve the same respect they showed Diana on her death.:roll:

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Whatever the cost is terrific value for money for the British taxpayer.  All the pictures of the events are being shown all over the World. It's a massive advert for our great nation and will boost tourism for years if not for decades to come.  The prestige of the British brand will also boost overseas trade for British companies.

A quick google reveals,

The Monarchy generates  £1766 billion pounds to the UK economy.

This cost the tax payer £4-50 per year, less than 1p a day..........

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Are you enjoying mocking?

It's not just about mourning for decent British people who have pride in their own country.  It's about showing respect for our greatest ever monarch and appreciating the history of the moment.  It's not just decent British people honouring Queen Elizabeth II because respect is being shown towards her from every part of the World. 

Mind your own business - I was only asking.

by the way - I read your posts - you’re the last person I would take lectures from as to what makes a decent British person.

49 minutes ago, Padders said:

A quick google reveals,

The Monarchy generates  £1766 billion pounds to the UK economy.

This cost the tax payer £4-50 per year, less than 1p a day..........

No it doesn’t.

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

That's a rather confrontational response. 

Clearly there's nothing I can do. However in this time with the soaring prices, cost of living crisis, more price rises in the near future, the prospect of power shortages this winter I think the general public have a right to know.

Don't you?

Didn't mean it to be confrontational.

Just that it is pointless knowing as the money will have been allocated years ago.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Don't you?

Not really as it changes nothing. Should the public also have a right to know what the Queens will states as that is also private? 

• Like 1