The Royal Family Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I thought all Wills eventually became public record, have I imagined that?

Royal wills are now sealed from public scrutiny for a set time, the late Prince Phillips will is sealed for 90 years.

More here:

https://www.law.com/private-client-global-elite/2021/10/01/why-prince-philips-will-and-other-royal-wills-are-kept-secret/?slreturn=20220812094500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things really are going too far now.

It hadn't fully dawned on me what the consequences of this extra bank holiday on Monday really are....

The carriers we use at work are apparently going to be closed, so there is no point in us working (yet more negative effects on the economy, just when it really doesn't need it).

The schools will be closed. So, apart from one less day of education, what the hell are all those parent to do, change all their child care arrangements at a few days notice ?  Actually, the kids losing one day's education is nothing I suppose, after all they shut the schools for 7  months because of Covid (a virus which none of the kids were at any significant risk from and not many of the parents either as the vast majority of parents were under 45).

I wonder if the government will get fined for keeping the kids off school ? After all parents are still fined for doing so......

It's just occurred to me my own passion, swimming, might also be cancelled on that day, though again, they shut the soddin' pools for 7 months "because of Covid" so what's yet another day ? 

As my wife said : after the pandemic organisations have just got used to cancelling stuff.

No, the Queen's death is a significant historical moment, but this is all going too far.

Edited by Chekhov

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It hadn't fully dawned on me what the consequences of this extra bank holiday on Monday really are....

The carriers we use at work are apparently going to be closed, so there is no point in us working (yet more negative effects on the economy, just when it really doesn't need it).

The schools will be closed. So, apart from one less day of education, what the hell are all those parent to do, change all their child care arrangements at a few days notice ?  Actually, the kids losing one day's education is nothing I suppose, after all they shut the schools for 7   months because of Covid (a virus which none of the kids were at any risk from and not many of the parents either as the vast majority of parents are under 45).

I wonder if the government will get fined for keeping the kids off school ? After all parents are fined for doing so......

It's just occurred to me my own passion, swimming, might also be cancelled on that day, though again, they shut the soddin' pools for 7 months "because of Covid" so what's yet another day ? As my wife said, after the pandemic organisations have just got used to cancelling stuff aft.

No, the Queen's death is a significant historical moment, but this is all going too far.

My bold. 

Well more than likely, the parents will be off as well so child care won't be an issue.  Failing that, many will be watching the funeral on tv. 

Failing that, many will do what they normally do on a Bank Holiday. Turn their nearest Wetherspoons into a giant creche. 

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The schools will be closed. So, apart from one less day of education, what the hell are all those parent to do, change all their child care arrangements at a few days notice ?  Actually, the kids losing one day's education is nothing I suppose, after all they shut the schools for 7   months because of Covid (a virus which none of the kids were at any risk from and not many of the parents either as the vast majority of parents are under 45).

I wonder if the government will get fined for keeping the kids off school ? After all parents are fined for doing so......

It's just occurred to me my own passion, swimming, might also be cancelled on that day, though again, they shut the soddin' pools for 7 months "because of Covid" so what's yet another day ? As my wife said, after the pandemic organisations have just got used to cancelling stuff aft.

Oh shut up you miserable sod

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

You don't think it's an issue that many people may be stuck for childcare that day if they have to work?

I suppose these are not considerations for you eh - probably don't work, and the idea of you impregnating a woman...hahaha!

School finished for the day has it?

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'm sweating on a full house here - how's your bingo card looking @HeHasRisen

36 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But what an opportunity to moan about something !