The Royal Family Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Memememememememememememememe!!!!

Sorry, I am the only parent to be put out by this ?

Is my child the only one not to be educated ?

You're taking rubbish of course. One of my wife's friends, not known for annoyance usually, was very ****ed off by this. Esp as she works for the NHS so will not be getting the day off, so who is going to look after her kids ?

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You're taking rubbish of course. One of my wife's friends, not known for annoyance usually, was very ****ed off by this. Esp as she works for the NHS so will not be getting the day off, so who is going to look after her kids ?

It's only one day...besides, children learn lots when doing stuff like playing.

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You could volunteer as you say there is no point in you working as others are off.

56 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Things really are going too far now.

It hadn't fully dawned on me what the consequences of this extra bank holiday on Monday really are....

The carriers we use at work are apparently going to be closed, so there is no point in us working (yet more negative effects on the economy, just when it really doesn't need it).

The schools will be closed. So, apart from one less day of education, what the hell are all those parent to do, change all their child care arrangements at a few days notice ?  Actually, the kids losing one day's education is nothing I suppose, after all they shut the schools for 7  months because of Covid (a virus which none of the kids were at any risk from and not many of the parents either as the vast majority of parents are under 45).

I wonder if the government will get fined for keeping the kids off school ? After all parents are fined for doing so......

It's just occurred to me my own passion, swimming, might also be cancelled on that day, though again, they shut the soddin' pools for 7 months "because of Covid" so what's yet another day ? As my wife said, after the pandemic organisations have just got used to cancelling stuff.

No, the Queen's death is a significant historical moment, but this is all going too far.

Is there Anything is this world ,  that you will not complain about ? I honestly believe you get some twisted kicks from endlessly moaning 

17 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

After the funeral has taken place, in an orderly dignified process, the monarchy should be ended.

I have been agnostic as far as the Monarchy goes, but with this over reaction (which is negatively affecting everyone's lives and those people have no choice in the matter) I'm starting to harden my position ! And I know a few others who feel the same way

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1