The Royal Family Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Sorry, I am the only parent to be put out by this ?

Is my child the only one not to be educated ?

You're taking rubbish of course. One of my wife's friends, not known for annoyance usually, was very ****ed off by this. Esp as she works for the NHS so will not be getting the day off, so who is going to look after her kids ?

Grandparents whom are retired, other family members that are enjoying the bank holiday.

End of the day who cares whether you or your friend are ****** off. 

Our Queen has DIED. So for 1 day, I'm sure someone will manage and just be grateful they are *****g alive. 

1 minute ago, HumbleNarrator said:

There will be many people in jobs that will be operating as normal on the day who have young children that cannot be left alone. What don't you get about this?

I didn't say I didn't get it, I was just pointing out that children, young children especially learn a great deal from play.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have been a agnostic as far as the Monarchy goes, but with this over reaction (which is negatively affecting everyone's lives and those people have no choice in the matter) I'm starting to harden my position ! And I know a few others who feel the same way

Have you seen the crowds in Edinburgh today showing their respects ?

Thousands who support the monarchy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have been a agnostic as far as the Monarchy goes, but with this over reaction (which is negatively affecting everyone's lives and those people have no choice in the matter) I'm starting to harden my position ! And I know a few others who feel the same way

Perhaps you could start a Facebook group or something?

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

You are not getting it. Very young children cannot be left home alone while to "play" while their parents are out at  work.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for pointing it out.

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Have you seen the crowds in Edinburgh today showing their respects ?

Thousands who support the monarchy.

Most of them them don't support the monarchy as such, no rational person who sat down and really thought about it would support a hereditary monarchy...most of them just find it a novelty and have bought into the "celebrity" of the Queen and Charles etc, right on their doorstep.

• Like 1

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

Most of them them don't support the monarchy as such, no rational person who sat down and really thought about it would support a hereditary monarchy...most of them just find it a novelty and have bought into the "celebrity" of the Queen and Charles etc, right on their doorstep.

Your presumption is not based on fact and is ridiculous.

I for one have sat down and thought about it and DO support the monarchy.

Why don't you think about it in a positive way ?

Criticism is easy.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's all about respect. You clearly have no respect otherwise you wouldn't have made the comments you've made.

Very touchy. 

It's best you don't ask your own questions when you don't like answering questions put to you.

I was reading that some people have already started camping out on the streets, so they can get in early to walk past the late Queen's coffin. 

I get that people feel sad about the Queen's passing, but wanting to see the Queen 'lying in state' feels a bit macabre to me.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I was reading that some people have already started camping out on the streets, so they can get in early to walk past the late Queen's coffin. 

I get that people feel sad about the Queen's passing, but wanting to see the Queen 'lying in state' feels a bit macabre to me.

I recall people paying their last respects to family members who were in an open coffin at their home.