The Royal Family Discussion Thread

Guest makapaka
53 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What would’ve happened if someone heard it and took offence before the police intervened? Full on punch up ? 

What is offensive about it.

Edited by makapaka

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

What would’ve happened if someone heard it and took offence before the police intervened? Full on punch up ? 

You get worse with every passing day.

I’m a bit surprised that you’ve come down on the side of Andrew though.

An almost unique position.  Even the royal family don’t accept him any more. 

Edited by sibon

1 hour ago, sibon said:

You get worse with every passing day.

I’m a bit surprised that you’ve come down on the side of Andrew though.

An almost unique position.  Even the royal family don’t accept him any more. 

You don’t end up with a load of angels in a family of that size, it appears to be a good time for royal bashing, I’m no fan of the monarchy but I think that I know when to vent my wrath, and it’s not when the Queen is awaiting burial.

Edited by crookesey

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He's come down on the side of common decency and respect.  Anyone not wanting to behave properly and act with decorum should stay away 

How very anti-democratic of you.

It looks as though your opinion is a minority one though.

Unless you meant that Andrew’s behaviour  is so lacking in decency that he should stay away. In which case, I agree with you.

What was that girl doing in the company of those people,  didn't she know what they were like,  how do we know she didn't lie about her age at the time,  Andrew was a single man, I know he was experienced but he was also capable of being taken in - even though he denied any sort of 'doings' it seemed like one word against another anyway.

Edited by cressida

18 minutes ago, cressida said:

What was that girl doing in the company of those people,  didn't she know what they were like,  how do we know she didn't lie about her age at the time,  Andrew was a single man, I know he was experienced but he was also capable of being taken in - even though he denied any sort of 'doings' it seemed like one word against another anyway.

You might want to read more about it. The documentary about Ghislaine Maxwell is also worth a watch.

Might be best to do that, before you indulge in victim blaming.

21 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Anyone shouting abuse in an area where the events relating to the passing of the Queen are taking place are causing a breach of the peace and risk serious personal harm to themselves.  

Anyone protesting peacefully in this country has every right to do so.

Of course, this could have been avoided if ex HRH Andrew had been properly dealt with.