The Royal Family Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, blackydog said:

If royalists scratched the surface a little to reveal the true character of their idols, they might not be so starstruck.

I understand where you are coming from but it is the institution of monarchy not the individuals that is the important issue in my mind.

I understand many will say it is the individuals who are the monarchy but I think institution and individuals (behaviour to a n extent))can be separated for the legacy.

Edited by harvey19

16 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Your presumption is not based on fact and is ridiculous.

I for one have sat down and thought about it and DO support the monarchy.

Why don't you think about it in a positive way ?

Criticism is easy.

So you don't mind Charles allegedly accepting cash for his charity in exchange for honours? Met dragging their heels investigating as usual.

I asked my MP to request an enquiry into this in Parliament, but the enquiry was refused. If it was all above board, why was the cash presented in suitcases and carrier bags?

Of course being exempt from the Freedom of Information act, doesn't help the investigations progress.

In addition, you probably are aware Charles tries to promote his green credentials, yet has the lowest tree cover on his estates than any of the private estates. You Ok with that too?

I guess your Ok with Andrew's antics too then, seeing as you have thought about it?

And you're also OK with someone who hasn't even been born yet, one day being suitable to be our head of state?

Funny old world init...

17 hours ago, Delayed said:

Grandparents whom are retired, other family members that are enjoying the bank holiday.

End of the day who cares whether you or your friend are ****** off. 

Our Queen has DIED. So for 1 day, I'm sure someone will manage and just be grateful they are *****g alive. 

Err, it's not just "me and my friends" though is it ?

It's millions of parents,

So, what you mean is :

End of the day who cares whether you or your friend, or millions of others, are ****** off.

Talk about condemning yourself out of your own mouth.

>> just be grateful they are *****g alive.<<

The implication of this is rubbish.

I think we have had words about this on the Covid thread, everyone dies. She was 96 and, far more importantly, in pretty good health more or less up to when she went. She is (or was) very very lucky.

BTW, my mother in law is in a care home with a **** quality of life (and she is being looked after by people in masks looking like extras from a cheap 1970s SciFi film). She is not lucky to be alive at all, I feel like crying when I see her, in fact I know 100% she does not want to be alive......

So, in at least some cases, your assertion that everyone should "be grateful you are *****g alive" is total cobblers.

Edited by Chekhov

54 minutes ago, blackydog said:

If royalists scratched the surface a little to reveal the true character of their idols, they might not be so starstruck.

Is there a pecking order for morning and is the Queen at the top?

We get a day off if the Queen dies, but not the Queen Mum.

Will we get a bay off if a Prince or Queen Consort dies?

What about if a Prime Minister dies, surely the PM is at the top of the tree?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

So you don't mind Charles allegedly accepting cash for his charity in exchange for honours? Met dragging their heels investigating as usual.

I asked my MP to request an enquiry into this in Parliament, but the enquiry was refused. If it was all above board, why was the cash presented in suitcases and carrier bags?

Of course being exempt from the Freedom of Information act, doesn't help the investigations progress.

In addition, you probably are aware Charles tries to promote his green credentials, yet has the lowest tree cover on his estates than any of the private estates. You Ok with that too?

I guess your Ok with Andrew's antics too then, seeing as you have thought about it?

And you're also OK with someone who hasn't even been born yet, one day being suitable to be our head of state?

Funny old world init...

As you say funny old world.

you seem to have a lot of information.

is it from accountable sources or from the media  ?

Who is paying for these bank holidays BTW ? There's no such thing as a free lunch remember.

People on zero hours contracts just won't get paid because they won't be working. But, one assumes, people on standard contracts will get paid so their employer is paying.

It must be easy to throw around bank holidays if the government is not paying for it !

Also, from the other end, more and more people are members of gyms and swimming pools and stuff like that, they pay by the year. So they won't be able to use the facilities they have paid for in advance.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Who is paying for these bank holidays BTW ? There's no such thing as a free lunch remember.

People on zero hours contracts just won't get paid because they won't be working. But, one assumes, people on standard contracts will get paid so their employer is paying.

It must be easy to throw around bank holidays if the government is not paying for it !

Also, from the other end, more and more people are members of gyms and swimming pools and stuff like that, they pay by the year. So they won't be able to use the facilities they have paid for in advance.

Where are all these gyms that close on Bank Holidays?

Even the ones owned by SIV open on bank holidays, this was last time out...

And oh look, even Heeley Baths were open... 

FB-IMG-1663067705375.jpg

Edited by HeHasRisen