The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It's a worthwhile news story.  Listening to the reasons why normal members of the public queued for hours and days in the case of the 2 unknowns to pay their respects to our Queen is of interest to many television viewers. 

It's also interesting how easily people are groomed in to being subservient to self-imposed authority, did they cover that angle too? Or are they only spinning this whole thing one way?

I'm all for doing away with pretence, and getting to the core dynamics of what's actually going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

You're writing nonsense.  The people haven't been ordered by anyone to pay their respects at or witness any of the events that are taking place to mark the Queen's death.

I'm normal like the people I mention.  If I lived in Edinburgh then I think I might have joined the crowds and visited St Giles' Cathedral.  

In a free society folks are free to celebrate anything they like.

Gay Pride, Drag Queens or Real Queens.

It's all good as long as it is voluntary.

I'm not sure kids in union run closed shop schools, have that freedom though! 

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's a worthwhile news story.  Listening to the reasons why normal members of the public queued for hours and days in the case of the 2 unknowns to pay their respects to our Queen is of interest to many television viewers. 

Really?!

I'm sure the nation stopped to experience that moment and just at that time, GMB viewing figures surged to unprecedented levels...

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

The people haven't been ordered by anyone to pay their respects at or witness any of the events that are taking place to mark the Queen's death.

That's what's so ingenious about how people have been manipulated and conditioned to subservience; they don't realise they have. Really have to take my hat off to the establishment; they've done an absolutely sterling job. 

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That's what's so ingenious about how people have been manipulated and conditioned to subservience; they don't realise they have. Really have to take my hat off to the establishment; they've done an absolutely sterling job. 

It all starts in school, and takes a generation or two to manifest ityself into reality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Is he inheriting on a personal basis or participating in a trust?

Apparently it's to protect the sovereign wealth. Alright for some.

There's many things they are exempt from. FOI being another.

Edited by blackydog