The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, they bang on about service; but its a lot more to do with preservation of the hierarchical nature of our society. King at the top, hangers on, princes, dukes, lords, ladies; all desperate to keep enjoying the privileges their position within the hierarchy brings them.

All people have innate dignity and value; you’re born with it, it has nothing to do with your position in society; and we should esteem each other on the basis of what we do, and the nature of our characters; not the accident of our birth.

The way Charles was rushed into visiting the four corners of the Kingdom, (at a time when he was mourning the loss of his mother) was no doubt to cement him quickly in the minds of the nation as the most legitimate heir to the throne, as was the continuation of his name, Charles lll, which was always said to be a none starter in the past.

Remember he was not necessarily the most popular choice. If you think back to the furore over his divorce from Diana, his relationship with mistress Camilla, Diana's death, his marriage to divorcee Camilla etc, they made sure there was no time for dissent to get a hold, or calls for William to take over.  And the wall to wall coverage on TV and media has not left any room for argument. It could have caused a lot of trouble so they have handled it well (or not depending on your point of view.)

They say HRH the Queen was very religious, and truly believed she had been chosen by God to assume that role, which in turn strengthened her claim and gave her a legitimacy that no one could argue with .

I wonder if Charles will be able to claim the same?   

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The way Charles was rushed into visiting the four corners of the Kingdom, (at a time when he was mourning the loss of his mother) was no doubt to cement him quickly in the minds of the nation as the most legitimate heir to the throne, as was the continuation of his name, Charles lll, which was always said to be a none starter in the past.

Remember he was not necessarily the most popular choice. If you think back to the furore over his divorce from Diana, his relationship with mistress Camilla, Diana's death, his marriage to divorcee Camilla etc, they made sure there was no time for dissent to get a hold, or calls for William to take over.  And the wall to wall coverage on TV and media has not left any room for argument. It could have caused a lot of trouble so they have handled it well (or not depending on your point of view.)

They say HRH the Queen was very religious, and truly believed she had been chosen by God to assume that role, which in turn strengthened her claim and gave her a legitimacy that no one could argue with .

Well the Queen was happy enough with him , so that will do for me .

1 hour ago, alandrea0 said:

This is typical of the royalist society we live in, anyone who would like to see the monarchy deposed are not allowed to  have their views put in the media spotlight where it could be read by millions.

All media is controlled by royalists, you only have to look at the BBC which has been 24/7 all about the royals since she died.

I can see all people on this forum with republican views being banned...

I wonder if Harry has republican views, well he can afford them. 😉

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well the Queen was happy enough with him , so that will do for me .

That's only because the Royals stand by each other and protect each other.

They will do anything to stop the truth coming out that would cause embarrassment and humiliation for the monarchy.

They want to keep the majority of the British public on their side.

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I wonder if Harry has republican views, well he can afford them. 😉

I think you might find Meghan has got republican views now...

Perhaps she convinced Harry to feel the same...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alandrea0 said:

That's only because the Royals stand by each other and protect each other.

They will do anything to stop the truth coming out that would cause embarrassment and humiliation for the monarchy.

They want to keep the majority of the British public on their side.

I think you might find Meghan has got republican views now...

Perhaps she convinced Harry to feel the same...

That's all probably true, but I always got the impression that the Queen did what she was told by the men in Grey suits and by Phillip. Charles is much more his own man and has his own ideas so that might cause problems. I don't mind him actually, I think he'll make a good king if he can do it his way, but they won't like it. 

As for Harry and Meghan, I'm not surprised they got out of it. Meghan wasn't sufficiently awed by the British monarchy to put up with all the silliness of it, and no doubt that had its affect on Harry. They're better off going it alone, but it's a pity the monarchy couldn't bend a little bit to accommodate them and keep them in he fold.

-But that's the British Monarchy all over.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Even religion has a hierarchical nature to it; some deemed to have authority over others, depending on where they are in the hierarchy, and the posh clothes and shiny trinkets they wield...

Thinking you were chosen by god to be monarch? Oh dear!

I'm not a fan of this kind of self-importance; no-one is more or less important than anyone else. I always hear good things about Keanu Reeves; like he's never above people, no matter how unfortunate the people he meets are (and he goes out of his way to meet and help those less fortunate than himself). The opposite end of the spectrum, you get narcissistic types (not saying the Queen was, just thinking more generally), full of self-importance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

That's all probably true, but I always got the impression that the Queen did what she was told by the men in Grey suits and by Phillip. Charles is much more his own man and has his own ideas so that might cause problems. I don't mind him actually, I think he'll make a good king if he can do it his way, but they won't like it. 

As for Harry and Meghan, I'm not surprised they got out of it. Meghan wasn't sufficiently awed by the British monarchy to put up with all the silliness of it, and no doubt that had its affect on Harry. They're better off going it alone, but it's a pity the monarchy couldn't bend a little bit to accommodate them and keep them in he fold.

-But that's the British Monarchy all over.

I think what you mean to say there is Megan didn't get enough of the the attention, ego stroking and adulation from the masses that SHE thought SHE deserved.

She's a vacuous celebrity brought up with the ultimate silliness of the Hollywood and fame hungry desperation.  She thought she could muscle her way into the legacy courtship bringing her so called "star power" to drive her way into becoming numero uno woman in something as established as the British monarchy.   All of which driven by her meek husband who clearly has the same sorts of delusions and media manipulative approach as his late mother did.  Megan felt she could outshine the only woman who really was top of the tree. She failed and as soon as she realised that, she turned into the two faced gossip mongering attention seeker that a vast majority of people now loathe about her.

She created the tantrums, she threw in the towel, she ran away to the States dragging her obviously yes-miss husband along with her and now trying to find alternative ways of using her status and titles to keep in the limelight, power and remain relevant.    Perhaps when they stop with their smearing television interviews and gossipy speculative book launches and whinging about the very institution which is actually keeping them in their celebrity status and their mansions then at that point they might seriously be able to repair the damage and get back into a place within it. Until such time, Charles, William, Kate owes her no favours and in fact it's only public relations and protocols which are keeping them from basically tell them both of them to go shove it.  

I will be very interested to know some of the conversations behind closed doors, "oh my dead mother" excuse has been  rolled out by Harry far too much. William has gone through exactly the same sort of grief and has not resorted to running away telling tales and slagging off the very institution they are part of.  Charles is now going through the exact sort of grief and bearly had a day to get his thoughts together before he's been rolled around the country on public duty taking over one of the most difficult and prominent roles he will have to face.

Meghan and Harry are grown adults. They've done nothing that deserves them being extra 'accommodated' any way shape or form. They do the royal duties properly or they sod off and go their own way independently. They can't switch the prestige and titles on and off whenever it suits them to gain publicity or relevance to do so is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure deep down Harry really knows this. He just needs to stand up to his manipulative ego filled wife. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

35 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think what you mean to say there is Megan didn't get enough of the the attention, ego stroking and adulation from the masses that SHE thought SHE deserved.

She's a vacuous celebrity brought up with the ultimate silliness of the Hollywood and fame hungry desperation.  She thought she could muscle her way into the legacy courtship bringing her so called "star power" to drive her way into becoming numero uno woman in something as established as the British monarchy.   All of which driven by her meek husband who clearly has the same sorts of delusions and media manipulative approach as his late mother did.  Megan felt she could outshine the only woman who really was top of the tree. She failed and as soon as she realised that, she turned into the two faced gossip mongering attention seeker that a vast majority of people now loathe about her.

She created the tantrums, she threw in the towel, she ran away to the States dragging her obviously yes-miss husband along with her and now trying to find alternative ways of using her status and titles to keep in the limelight, power and remain relevant.    Perhaps when they stop with their smearing television interviews and gossipy speculative book launches and whinging about the very institution which is actually keeping them in their celebrity status and their mansions then at that point they might seriously be able to repair the damage and get back into a place within it. Until such time, Charles, William, Kate owes her no favours and in fact it's only public relations and protocols which are keeping them from basically tell them both of them to go shove it.  

I will be very interested to know some of the conversations behind closed doors, "oh my dead mother" excuse has been  rolled out by Harry far too much. William has gone through exactly the same sort of grief and has not resorted to running away telling tales and slagging off the very institution they are part of.  Charles is now going through the exact sort of grief and bearly had a day to get his thoughts together before he's been rolled around the country on public duty taking over one of the most difficult and prominent roles he will have to face.

Meghan and Harry are grown adults. They've done nothing that deserves them being extra 'accommodated' any way shape or form. They do the royal duties properly or they sod off and go their own way independently. They can't switch the prestige and titles on and off whenever it suits them to gain publicity or relevance to do so is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure deep down Harry really knows this. He just needs to stand up to his manipulative ego filled wife. 

You really are an absolute ghoul, this sums up your curdled soul.