The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You really are an absolute ghoul, this sums up your curdled soul.

Friday night is high horse night.

For some reason.

20 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You really are an absolute ghoul, this sums up your curdled soul.

Because....?

So, I don't like her. I never liked her from the moment she first got with Harry. I find her a vacuous celebrity who is an attention-seeking,  delusional and manipulative person.  She has form for bad behaviour as been widely reported in the press both here and over the pond and clearly is using her newfound status for personal gains and power advancement despite heavily criticising and directly attacking the very institution which is giving  such privilege. That is my opinion.

I used to quite like Prince Harry. Despite his slightly immature tendencies, he seemed to be more down-to-earth and genuine when dealing with the crowds. However, as he became older, he clearly developed traits of his late mother particularly the way he constantly plays professional victim, manipulates the media when it suits him and he's obviously shown weakness following his marriage by allowing his wife to take lead on this two faced, nasty behaviour against the institution he is part of. He sat there are allowed her to peddle lies and he's still involved with peddling these gossipy books without any thought for the harm he is doing to his own family.  I don't like him. That is also my opinion which I'm free to give.

Now do you have any substantive counterarguments or you going to childish resort to name-calling and memes.

Edited by ECCOnoob

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Because....?

So, I don't like her. I never liked her from the moment she first got with Harry. I find her a vacuous celebrity who is an attention-seeking,  delusional a manipulative person.  She has form for bad behaviour as been widely reported in the press both here and over the pond and clearly is using her newfound status for personal gains and power advancement despite heavily criticising and directly attacking the very institution which is giving a such a privilege. That is my opinion.

I used to quite like Prince Harry. Despite his slightly immature tendencies, he seemed to be more down-to-earth and genuine when dealing with the crowds. However, as he became older, he clearly developed traits of his late mother particularly the way he constantly plays professional victim, manipulates the media when it suits him and he's obviously shown weakness following his marriage by allowing his wife to take lead on this two faced, nasty behaviour against the institution he is part of. He sat there are allowed her to peddle lies and he's still involved with this peddling these gossipy books without any thought for the harm he is doing to his own family.  I don't like him. That is also my opinion which I'm free to give.

Now do you have any substantive counterarguments or you going to childish resort to name-calling and memes.

I wonder why that is?

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think what you mean to say there is Megan didn't get enough of the the attention, ego stroking and adulation from the masses that SHE thought SHE deserved.

She's a vacuous celebrity brought up with the ultimate silliness of the Hollywood and fame hungry desperation.  She thought she could muscle her way into the legacy courtship bringing her so called "star power" to drive her way into becoming numero uno woman in something as established as the British monarchy.   All of which driven by her meek husband who clearly has the same sorts of delusions and media manipulative approach as his late mother did.  Megan felt she could outshine the only woman who really was top of the tree. She failed and as soon as she realised that, she turned into the two faced gossip mongering attention seeker that a vast majority of people now loathe about her.

She created the tantrums, she threw in the towel, she ran away to the States dragging her obviously yes-miss husband along with her and now trying to find alternative ways of using her status and titles to keep in the limelight, power and remain relevant.    Perhaps when they stop with their smearing television interviews and gossipy speculative book launches and whinging about the very institution which is actually keeping them in their celebrity status and their mansions then at that point they might seriously be able to repair the damage and get back into a place within it. Until such time, Charles, William, Kate owes her no favours and in fact it's only public relations and protocols which are keeping them from basically tell them both of them to go shove it.  

I will be very interested to know some of the conversations behind closed doors, "oh my dead mother" excuse has been  rolled out by Harry far too much. William has gone through exactly the same sort of grief and has not resorted to running away telling tales and slagging off the very institution they are part of.  Charles is now going through the exact sort of grief and bearly had a day to get his thoughts together before he's been rolled around the country on public duty taking over one of the most difficult and prominent roles he will have to face.

Meghan and Harry are grown adults. They've done nothing that deserves them being extra 'accommodated' any way shape or form. They do the royal duties properly or they sod off and go their own way independently. They can't switch the prestige and titles on and off whenever it suits them to gain publicity or relevance to do so is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure deep down Harry really knows this. He just needs to stand up to his manipulative ego filled wife. 

The following quote is about the ex HRH Andrew paying off an accuser:

On 11/05/2022 at 13:37, ECCOnoob said:

Because like any high profile individual or corporation they are subject to constant unregulated maulings in the court of public opinion and the pot sirring press.

His lawyers have very sensibly considered the costs of buying off the money grabbing attention seeker against the substantial costs of a lengthy trial defence open to constant uncorroborated public opinion, finger pointing, media manipulation.  It's called commercial settlement and it happens all the time.

You think what you want. But the basic fact is he was not found "guilty" of anything. It was not a criminal trial. It was for civil damages.  No guilt has been found because Prince Andrew made a settlement with no admissions of any liability....     No guilt has been found because the so-called victim chose to take the money rather than producing a single piece of evidence of her supposed abuse before a court of law.

It was all about the money and she ultimately got she wanted - another nice big fat payout. Tick tock before she finds another high-profile victim to go against.

I am sure you have no doubt in your opinion what you feel Prince Andrew is. On the flip side I have no doubt in my opinion what I feel she is.

I know it is an awful lot of waffle. And plenty to read through. But, that’s Ecco for you.

I though some people might like to compare and contrast his suppositions about Meghan Markle, with his factual defence of the ex HRH Andrew.

Pretty ugly reading, in my view. You make your own minds up

Edited by sibon

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Harry Hewitt was a Bus Driver in Coronation St. 1964.

Yes and Lucille Hewit was is daughter in the Corrie,  I once met J ennifer Moss in Manchester in the 80s in Manchester,  she looked and sounded like a train wreck.  Obviously due to the price of fame. :roll:

• Thanks 1