The Royal Family Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Proven or not, I think he has let his mother down big time and caused her an awful lot of stress in her final years.

If it's true he was her favourite son' I think that was unforgivable.  IMO he's an arrogant narcissist, with very few redeeming features. I think Charles regards him as a liability, so will not want him bringing down the Royal 'brand.' 

After the Funeral and the Coronation I can't see Andrew appearing in front of the public again, he will dissapear into obsucrity.

4 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I can not agree or disagree with you about his character but think his mother would have been proud of his military service and that is probably why he  has been allowed to wear it.

Ah, you knew the queen well then did you?

I mean, knew her personally?

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

After the Funeral and the Coronation I can't see Andrew appearing in front of the public again, he will dissapear into obsucrity.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

28 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Jimmy Saville was never in the forces and so the question of wearing uniform never came up.

What has this got to do with wearing a uniform ?

Jimmy Savile was awarded a Royal Marine green beret and was buried with it in his hand. His coffin was carried by Royal Marines.

In answer to your question Andrew has brought disgrace upon both his family and the Royal Navy in which he served. If he had any sense of honour whatsoever he would retire from public view after his mothers funeral and never wear a uniform again, his behaviour should prevent him from any association with organisations where his connection can only result in embarrassment. As he obviously has no sense of honour I doubt that will happen.

TELEMMGLPICT000275989410_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah, you knew the queen well then did you?

I mean, knew her personally?

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Again you misread my post, I said "think" not "know"

52 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Jimmy Savile was awarded a Royal Marine green beret and was buried with it in his hand. His coffin was carried by Royal Marines.

In answer to your question Andrew has brought disgrace upon both his family and the Royal Navy in which he served. If he had any sense of honour whatsoever he would retire from public view after his mothers funeral and never wear a uniform again, his behaviour should prevent him from any association with organisations where his connection can only result in embarrassment. As he obviously has no sense of honour I doubt that will happen.

TELEMMGLPICT000275989410_trans_NvBQzQNjv

I do not think he was attested into the Royal Marines.

I agree with you that I think he will retire from public life.

Edited by harvey19

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

To even think that then you must know her pretty well  

I mean, if you didn't know her then how could you know/think what would be in her mind?

I think all mothers are proud of their sons if they act bravely in the service of Queen and Country.

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think all mothers are proud of their sons if they act bravely in the service of Queen and Country.

I doubt that...

As for the rest of your post?

An act of bravery in the early 80s (40 years ago) dosent erase what he's done since.

Any mother who would be proud of somone like Andy is a terrible mother and a terrible person.

Queen or not....

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I doubt that...

As for the rest of your post?

An act of bravery in the early 80s (40 years ago) dosent erase what he's done since.

Any mother who would be proud of somone like Andy is a terrible mother and a terrible person.

Queen or not....

The discussion was about wearing uniform and why it is allowed.

Goodnight.

Edited by harvey19