The Royal Family Discussion Thread

53 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I remarked exactly the same to my partner whilst watching the news.   Very surprised   -   I would have thought that his upbringing would be better than mine,  but No.

I'm amazed,  especially in front of World coverage the level of appalling manners displayed,  OK! He didn't have to walk down the steps hand in hand but when he reached the bottom of the steps and looked back up and saw her struggling, any decent bloke would have walked back up and helped her.  It just goes to show the ignorance and self importance of these people.  A bad lot! :roll:

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I'm amazed,  especially in front of World coverage the level of appalling manners displayed,  OK! He didn't have to walk down the steps hand in hand but when he reached the bottom of the steps and looked back up and saw her struggling, any decent bloke would have walked back up and helped her.  It just goes to show the ignorance and self importance of these people.  A bad lot! :roll:

I often walk down stairs or an escalator in front of my wife so that if she trips she will have a soft landing on top of me.

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

I often walk down stairs or an escalator in front of my wife so that if she trips she will have a soft landing on top of me.

Exactly what I do and my partner holds my arm and / or shoulder.

Yeh! But when you reached the bottom of the stairs and saw her in difficulty surely you would  go back up and help. 

It is easy to watch a film and think what should happen but in reality people take a time to react.

That wasn't a film so don't try to  excuse bad manners and by the way, no wonder  you didn't answer if you would go back and help someone struggling  on stairs.

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

That wasn't a film so don't try to  excuse bad manners and by the way, no wonder  you didn't answer if you would go back and help someone struggling  on stairs.

A recording then of an event taking place but the same criteria applies.

I would definitely go to help but can not guarantee an immediate response as it takes time for the brain to assess the situation and then trigger a reaction.

A boxer is taught to counter punch so that he returns a punch immediately without thinking and so there is no delay due to reaction time.

Edited by harvey19

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

All that wealth whilst some people can't even afford to eat properly 🤮

Indeed, it's sickening

3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

There's a new sandwich shop just opened across the road from Padders Bar!

I've heard "Irene-ios Big Butty" does a special offer for forum members... :hihi:

Balancing pickled onions on her knob

• Haha 1