The Royal Family Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I support the Monarchy, so following our King and Queen's successful visit to France recently I was delighted they received such a warm welcome. 

Guardian comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/22/france-king-charles-brexit-state-visit-nations

That's fine.  I have no problem at all with you supporting the monarchy.

I take it that you have no objection to me NOT supporting the monarchy ?

9 hours ago, janie48 said:

I support the Monarchy, so following our King and Queen's successful visit to France recently I was delighted they received such a warm welcome. 

Guardian comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/22/france-king-charles-brexit-state-visit-nations

Truth be known, there were welcomed as much as they were in 1789. :hihi:

9 hours ago, harvey19 said:

What I find is that many who are against things think others think the same as them when in fact it is just wishful thinking.

I fear they will spend a long time being disappointed.

You actually think that we believe it will change? Pointing out a few truths about how things are and wishing the country was more grown up doesn't mean we think it will alter.

People in this country are brought up to accept being servile. The national anthem is about someone 'Reigning over Them' by entitlement of birth.  There are 805 hereditary peers, only 91 of whom sit in the unelected House of Lords.  There are however around 800 members of the House of Lords which means there are well over a thousand lords, ladies, dukes, barons, viscounts etc scattered around the place. Monarchists will never be short of grovelling opportunities.

The entire establishment, judiciary, police, military and local authority swear their allegiance to the sovereign and a considerable number of the population are either happy or disinterested in the whole farrago, so that means that the circus will almost certainly carry on,

The only thing that might give people some pause for thought would be a major scandal.  Something even bigger than Andrews girl grabbing or Charles cash grabbing. If it happens it'll be covered up by our media but in this day and age it'll get out. The royals are viewed in the same way as the Kardashians by many people around the world and they love a scandal.

In the meantime....

https://www.tiktok.com/@freeseedfilms/video/7235691483561544986

11 hours ago, harvey19 said:

What I find is that many who are against things think others think the same as them when in fact it is just wishful thinking.

I fear they will spend a long time being disappointed.

What I find is that many who are against other people having free thought are just control freaks who want to decide what they want but to also decide what the others want too.

Although support is growing to end the monarchy,  among the young,  I don't particularly care what anyone else thinks anyway.  I'm my own man and make up my own mind.

I'm quite content that people like janie48 can carry on enjoying and supporting the monarchy for such time as it lasts.  All I ask is that she doesn't demand that I accept them too.

I'm not at all disappointed because public feeling is headed in the right direction,  but I won't be here see it anyway.   I certainly won't be dictated to by a boot licking little Hitler.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

You actually think that we believe it will change? Pointing out a few truths about how things are and wishing the country was more grown up doesn't mean we think it will alter.

People in this country are brought up to accept being servile. The national anthem is about someone 'Reigning over Them' by entitlement of birth.  There are 805 hereditary peers, only 91 of whom sit in the unelected House of Lords.  There are however around 800 members of the House of Lords which means there are well over a thousand lords, ladies, dukes, barons, viscounts etc scattered around the place. Monarchists will never be short of grovelling opportunities.

The entire establishment, judiciary, police, military and local authority swear their allegiance to the sovereign and a considerable number of the population are either happy or disinterested in the whole farrago, so that means that the circus will almost certainly carry on,

The only thing that might give people some pause for thought would be a major scandal.  Something even bigger than Andrews girl grabbing or Charles cash grabbing. If it happens it'll be covered up by our media but in this day and age it'll get out. The royals are viewed in the same way as the Kardashians by many people around the world and they love a scandal.

In the meantime....

https://www.tiktok.com/@freeseedfilms/video/7235691483561544986

The question was asking if they were above us (or something of the sort).

Which I have answered very clearly on several occasions.

Nothing about should we have a monarchy

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

What I find is that many who are against other people having free thought are just control freaks who want to decide what they want but to also decide what the others want too.

Sad, but true! :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Although support is growing to end the monarchy,  among the young,  I don't particularly care what anyone else thinks anyway.  I'm my own man and make up my own mind.

I'm quite content that people like janie48 can carry on enjoying and supporting the monarchy for such time as it lasts.  All I ask is that she doesn't demand that I accept them too.

I'm not at all disappointed because public feeling is headed in the right direction,  but I won't be here see it anyway.   I certainly won't be dictated to by a boot licking little Hitler.

You are still confused and diverting the subject .

The question was nothing about should we have a monarchy but are they above us.

I have explained things to you very clearly on several occasions.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You are still confused and diverting the subject .

The question was nothing about should we have a monarchy but are they above us.

I have explained things to you very clearly on several occasions.

You have explained the servile bootlickers version.  We don't follow that.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You have explained the servile bootlickers version.  We don't follow that.

No, I have explained the constitutional position.

You really are deluded.

Your use of insults again reinforces that you have lost the argument conclusively.

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

No, I have explained the constitutional position.

You really are deluded.

Your use of insults again reinforces that you have lost the argument conclusively.

You have explained nothing and we don't need your servile explanations anyway.

Who can help but insult such a gormless poster who thinks he can order others to accept what he wants.

You really do take the biscuit for trying to do a King Canute.  Have you ever heard this said before ?         NO means NO