The Royal Family Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Dodging the issue once again.

Pointless discussing the subject with you.

Good night

How ridiculous.

It is not worth discussing the issue with you.

Good night.

You ask a nonsensical question about the nations official hierarchy, which doesn't apply, I ask a perfectly valid question in return.  Stumped for an answer you decide to make out that you have somehow come out on top.

Arguing with you is the same as playing chess with a chicken.   The chicken knocks all the pieces over, defecates on the board and then struts around as though its won.

Good Night.

20 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You ask a nonsensical question about the nations official hierarchy, which doesn't apply, I ask a perfectly valid question in return.  Stumped for an answer you decide to make out that you have somehow come out on top.

Arguing with you is the same as playing chess with a chicken.   The chicken knocks all the pieces over, defecates on the board and then struts around as though its won.

Good Night.

Rather apt, as isn't the king the most revered piece?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Just because you don't recognise a King it does not mean He does not exist or has status.

This is my last post to you on this subject so read it and understand it very carefully.

No one ever said that "your" king does not exist.  He is of course,  as  m williamson told you,  the UK's  head of State,  and you are quite welcome to worship him as much as you wish.

However,  we will not be told,  by you or anyone else, that we  MUST ACCEPT  him as our king.    We do not recognise him as our king and never will.

I don't know what you believe,  gives you the right to decide for others or demand of others anything at all but,   lets make it clear that your words and beliefs mean absolutely nothing to us.

We are free men and  as such,  have the right to decide for ourselves who or what we recognise.   We recognise your freedom and you should recognise ours in return.

Please notice the difference    when I say  "YOU  SHOULD"   and not,  as you say to us,  " YOU MUST"

Stop being a silly little man and stop trying to exert an authority which you don't have.

Edited by Organgrinder

51 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

This is my last post to you on this subject so read it and understand it very carefully.

No one ever said that "your" king does not exist.  He is of course,  as  m williamson told you,  the UK's  head of State,  and you are quite welcome to worship him as much as you wish.

However,  we will not be told,  by you or anyone else, that we  MUST ACCEPT  him as our king.    We do not recognise him as our king and never will.

I don't know what you believe,  gives you the right to decide for others or demand of others anything at all but,   lets make it clear that your words and beliefs mean absolutely nothing to us.

We are free men and  as such,  have the right to decide for ourselves who or what we recognise.   We recognise your freedom and you should recognise ours in return.

Please notice the difference    when I say  "YOU  SHOULD"   and not,  as you say to us,  " YOU MUST"

Stop being a silly little man and stop trying to exert an authority which you don't have.

Is it really your last post on this ?

• Haha 1

It's difficult posting at the same time as Harvey,  I once engaged with The_Daddy on a Madeleine McCann thread,  then Harvey joined us and I couldn't get a word in after that, but I didn't really mind as he such a nice,  polite bloke.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cressida said:

It's difficult posting at the same time as Harvey,  I once engaged with The_Daddy on a Madeleine McCann thread,  then Harvey joined us and I couldn't get a word in after that, but I didn't really mind as he such a nice,  polite bloke.

Harvey and I  have had many good debates and some very cordial ones too.  Unfortunately, there are some subjects he feels so strongly about, where he changes the flow of the debate

and it becomes impossible to carry on.   I can be quite relaxed about him being a staunch monarchist but never if he doesn't accept that people such as me can have our free view too. 

I have even said, in this debate,  that despite my not being a monarchist,  I don't dislike Charles,  and his continued reign doesn't bother me although I consider myself as equal to him. 

My view is,  that the royals are only there by the chance of their birth and are no better,  no wiser or no more special,  than any other ordinary person and we are all equal.

34 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Are you going to be this stupid and annoying all your life ?

😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Harvey and I  have had many good debates and some very cordial ones too.  Unfortunately, there are some subjects he feels so strongly about, where he changes the flow of the debate

and it becomes impossible to carry on.   I can be quite relaxed about him being a staunch monarchist but never if he doesn't accept that people such as me can have our free view too. 

I have even said, in this debate,  that despite my not being a monarchist,  I don't dislike Charles,  and his continued reign doesn't bother me although I consider myself as equal to him. 

My view is,  that the royals are only there by the chance of their birth and are no better,  no wiser or no more special,  than any other ordinary person and we are all equal.

Is that one your last post on this subject  ?

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

😂😂😂

Why do you insist on constantly proving what a complete idiot you are.  I'm sure you must have had some bit of a brain when you were born.

Don't join in with the men if you're still a boy.   FO

Edited by Organgrinder