The Royal Family Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Exactly, life would be incredibly boring if we all agreed on everything.  Two years ago I lost a friend that I had known for well over forty years. We travelled all over the country together following the Blades.

We disagreed on just about everything other than our support for our club. The arguments between us on politics, royalty. where and what to eat and numerous other subjects went on and on. I miss the old búgger, and as I said to his son and daughter if I'd known how much I'd have been nicer to him. Mind you we probably wouldn't have enjoyed it all so much.

Take care 👍

Love how we get the fighting talk, defending the insults, then the Biden soft teary voice as he talks about his dear departed Beau!

The leftist crap seems to be catching on! They're all at it!  :)

Edited by trastrick

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

All they have to do is serve you the papers, give you some money, and kick yer ass out.

The State needs hospitals and roads, more than you need your shed!

All of a sudden you lot forget about what's good for the State?

Discipline from the Crown down!

And don't you forget it!  :)

There should be a font for sarcasm 😉

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Love how we get the fighting talk, then the Biden soft teary voice as he talks about his dear departed Beau!

The leftist crap seems to be catching on! They're all at it!  :)

Are you implying that I'm a leftist? Just about all politicians are self serving scúm in my opinion, and if you want to have a go at me do it directly  smart@rse.

40 minutes ago, m williamson said:

There should be a font for sarcasm 😉

Are you implying that I'm a leftist? Just about all politicians are self serving scúm in my opinion, and if you want to have a go at me do it directly  smart@rse.

He doesn't have the goolies for it m.

He's just a wind up merchant who doesn't belong anywhere because the only things he likes are Trump, Russia & Putin.

Unfortunately,  he's too much of of a weed to go and live there,  so we have to put up with  all his conspiracy crap.

Edited by Organgrinder

39 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I presume you and I are about the same age 76 later this month. I am still in touch with friends I knew from 4 year old. Sadly old friends and relatives have died and others are unwell. 

I'll tell you a tale about the Blades. Many years ago our son, a Sheffield Wednesday fan, was signed up by and played for Sheffield United Centre of Excellence as a goalkeeper. As a goalkeeper he did not have to wear the red and white.! 

I was 76 last February, and yes at our age we have to say farewell to a few friends. But you know what they say, if you don't go to their funerals you can't expect them to come to yours.

So basically your son who wanted to play centre forward and would have been better than Kane was forced by you to play in goal just so he didn't have to wear the famous red and white?  🙄

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

He doesn't have the goolies for it m.

He's just a wind up merchant who doesn't belong anywhere because the only things he likes are Trump, Russia & Putin.

Unfortunately,  he's too much of of a weed to go and live there,  so we have to put up with  all his conspiracy crap.

Why am I not surprised that he's a fan of those three, suppose he thinks Boris was a good idea as well?

17 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I was 76 last February, and yes at our age we have to say farewell to a few friends. But you know what they say, if you don't go to their funerals you can't expect them to come to yours.

So basically your son who wanted to play centre forward and would have been better than Kane was forced by you to play in goal just so he didn't have to wear the famous red and white?  🙄

He played in goal for SUFC Cof E at Wembley before the SWFCvs SUFC game 

Edited by harvey19

21 hours ago, trastrick said:

Civil War?

No. Figureheads neither command the support nor have the ability to order people about that absolute monarchs did. We'd have very quickly become a republic.

Cheap strawman. :)

No strawmen involved. Like in the US, any wannabe dictator attempting to incite a civil war would very quickly find themself on the losing side.

20 minutes ago, altus said:

No. Figureheads neither command the support nor have the ability to order people about that absolute monarchs did. We'd have very quickly become a republic.

No strawmen involved. Like in the US, any wannabe dictator attempting to incite a civil war would very quickly find themself on the losing side.

Hypothetical stuff!  :)

Revolutions, coups, are a common theme in history.

Caesar, Napoleon, Cromwell, Stalin, Castro and many other lesser lights come to mind!

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Hypothetical stuff!  :)

Revolutions, coups, are a common theme in history.

Caesar, Napoleon, Cromwell, Stalin, Castro and many other lesser lights come to mind!

So the forum's number 1 pot stirrer would now like to incite a civil war or revolution in Britain.

I think you drink far too much and get carried away with your own rhetoric.

Falling support will cause the monarchy to be eased out in a dignified way without us taking arms and showing ourselves to be a stupid as the nations you admire.

If  it's excitement you want,   go and join your murderous pedestal topper Putin.  We have learned,  very slowly, to be a little more civilised than you think.