The Royal Family Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So King Charles has 'A form of cancer'.  I wish him all the best.

I know he's not responsible but already we have the news broadcasters going into overdrive, over dissecting & over analysing the term, 'A form of cancer.'

Just seen the main BBC news contact Nicholas Witchell in Hong Kong for her s take on things.  "Blah, blah, man in his mid-70's; blah, blah, recent prostrate procedure; blah, blah, ALL the public will be concerned (?); blah, blah, no constitutional crisis; blah, blah, etc, etc," tug of his former ginger forelock! 

So now we've got days of this sort of news coverage with talking heads being rolled in spending hours filling the Airways with endless speculation until the next Royal press release. 

Meanwhile, a couple of thousand ordinary blokes will have been given similar news today & will just soldier on! 

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So King Charles has 'A form of cancer'.  I wish him all the best.

I know he's not responsible but already we have the news broadcasters going into overdrive, over dissecting & over analysing the term, 'A form of cancer.'

Just seen the main BBC news contact Nicholas Witchell in Hong Kong for her s take on things.  "Blah, blah, man in his mid-70's; blah, blah, recent prostrate procedure; blah, blah, ALL the public will be concerned (?); blah, blah, no constitutional crisis; blah, blah, etc, etc," tug of his former ginger forelock! 

So now we've got days of this sort of news coverage with talking heads being rolled in spending hours filling the Airways with endless speculation until the next Royal press release. 

Meanwhile, a couple of thousand ordinary blokes will have been given similar news today & will just soldier on! 

It is a major news story which is why all the news channels have it has the main item of the day.  We will not have days of coverage about this topic.  Only someone who is anti monarchy would make a contribution like what you have made. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is a major news story which is why all the news channels have it has the main item of the day.  We will not have days of coverage about this topic.  Only someone who is anti monarchy would make a contribution like what you have made. 

Yes, I'm anti-monarchy, they are no better than me.  If you want to be deferrential to them, then you can he.  I  can't help you with that one. 

This will still be being discussed & speculated by the media come next weekend & you still be nobe the wiser. 

Edited by Baron99

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Yes, I'm anti-monarchy, they are no better than me.  If you want to be deferrential to them, then you can he.  I  can't help you with that one. 

This will still be being discussed & speculated by the media come next weekend & you still be nobe the wiser. 

Today is not the right day to promote your anti monarchy opinions.  You are a disgrace. 

• Like 1

I'm a republican, as was my father before me. A monarchy in this day and age is anachronistic divisive nonsense.

Having said which, I have no personal animosity toward them as individuals ( with the obvious exception of Andrew )  people I have cared for have died of cancer. It is a disgusting awful disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

He is not my king, but hopefully he will make a full recovery. And yes the media are going to have a field day, it's what they do. My sympathy is for him and his family as a fellow human beings. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Axe said:

As usual,  Axe believes that no one should be allowed a view unless it matches his own.

It is quite normal and quite legal for anyone to be anti monarchy and so we can all choose our view as we wish with no one having the right to challenge them.