The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

As usual,  Axe believes that no one should be allowed a view unless it matches his own.

It is quite normal and quite legal for anyone to be anti monarchy and so we can all choose our view as we wish with no one having the right to challenge them.

Axe believes in common decency, tradition, allegiance to the monarch and has pride in his own country.  Sadly over recent years our country has declined because there are too many folk such as yourself living here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe believes in common decency, tradition, allegiance to the monarch and has pride in his own country.  Sadly over recent years our country has declined because there are too many folk such as yourself living here. 

So you believe that in order to be proud of a country you have to be a subservient obsequious forelock tugger who accepts that they have betters?

Allegiance should be pledged to the country or its ( written and agreed ) constitution and not to fallible people.

This is a great country which has influenced the entire world despite its relatively small size. However, just like all other empires that have ever existed it has also been responsible for atrocities carried out in its name. 

This country has produced some truly great people. William Shakespeare is possibly the greatest Englishman that ever lived and a towering presence in world literature.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5877ceae5016e102ef4f18f4/t/5b9981b60e2e7257287d6f08/1536786870360/Quoting+Shakespeare.pdf

Charles Darwin, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Isaac Newton, Lord Acton and many more. Be proud of them and regard yourself as an equal.

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

So you believe that in order to be proud of a country you have to be a subservient obsequious forelock tugger who accepts that they have betters?

Allegiance should be pledged to the country or its ( written and agreed ) constitution and not to fallible people.

This is a great country which has influenced the entire world despite its relatively small size. However, just like all other empires that have ever existed it has also been responsible for atrocities carried out in its name. 

This country has produced some truly great people. William Shakespeare is possibly the greatest Englishman that ever lived and a towering presence in world literature.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5877ceae5016e102ef4f18f4/t/5b9981b60e2e7257287d6f08/1536786870360/Quoting+Shakespeare.pdf

Charles Darwin, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Isaac Newton, Lord Acton and many more. Be proud of them and regard yourself as an equal.

Lets not forget Oliver Cromwell he would have got rid of the free loaders and land grabbers forever .

10 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I do not have a chip on my shoulder which is why I support the status quo.  Enough said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Today is not the right day to promote your anti monarchy opinions.  You are a disgrace

And you clearly are prepared to be a deferential, forelock tugging pleb, so I reckon we're sorted as to where we stand. 

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Lets not forget Oliver Cromwell he would have got rid of the free loaders and land grabbers forever .

Oliver Cromwell was a murdering psychopath who's body was dug up after his funeral and hanged , drawn and quartered with his head displayed on a pole at Westminster.

I agreed with his distaste for monarchy but disagreed with his taste for murdering women and children.

https://www.timewisetraveller.co.uk/ireland3.html#:~:text=It is estimated that during,less excuse for their actions.

18 minutes ago, Axe said:

I do not have a chip on my shoulder which is why I support the status quo.  Enough said.

No, any chip you may or may not have had on your shoulder would have fallen off as you were bowing and scraping to your betters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And you clearly are prepared to be a deferential, forelock tugging pleb, so I reckon we're sorted as to where we stand. 

I stand for common decency.  Any anti monarchist with common decency would keep quiet on the day it has been announce our King has cancer.  You are a disgrace and do not deserve to live our country. 

35 minutes ago, Axe said:

Talking of Status Quo. what did you think of the Beatles and the Stones, Axe 😀

• Haha 1