The Royal Family Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The price of being a Royal. Such a hard life. 

I personally think it probably is.

Yes theyve got tons on money and a lovely house, but they cant get up in the morning and think 'what a lovely day, lets take the kids to the park/swimming/play centre etc etc'.

As youve demonstrated in your posts, every single thing they do is scrutinized.

Kate wears a new dress its in the news, Kate wears the same dress twice its in the news.

Money, lots.

Freedom, absolutely none.

Edited by nikki-red

11 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I personally think it probably is.

Yes theyve got tons on money and a lovely house, but they cant get up in the morning and think 'what a lovely day, lets take the kids to the park/swimming/play centre etc etc'.

As youve demonstrated in your posts, every single thing they do is scrutinized.

Kate wears a new dress its in the news, Kate wears the same dress twice its in the news.

Money, lots.

Freedom, absolutely none.

Thats the price of fame.  But you are right.  I wouldn't  like to live like them.  I know what you mean about cant win but They could have comprimised for the public to day slightly. They could have ridden in an open carriage  down Castle hill to St Georges Chapel having then closed the chapel doors for a private Christening.  A lot of  people travel across the world to get a glimps at the Royals  that little glimps of Archie  would have made a lot of International visitors  very happy.

How could anyone justify the existence of the Royal family?

There are homeless people living in the streets,  yet somehow we tolerate a royal family who live in over the top luxury paid for by our taxes. 

It's insanity that unlimited wealth is just granted to people for no other reason then their bloodline.

We have sections of our society in poverty, we can't pay to police our streets adequately, the NHS is stretched to the limit, yet we'll lob millions at the Royals so they can live in castles and mansions. It's so messed up.

So what would you replace them with? - President Boris Johnson?

Unless you aim for the Utopia of everyone being totally equal - impossible to achieve - there will always be 'those at the top' and then a downward pyramid to a bottom.  This happens, even in the communist world and is a natural order - witness any animal group.

55 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So what would you replace them with? - President Boris Johnson?

I wouldn't replace them with anything. My preference would be to remove the archaic system of 'Royalty', and spend the money they waste on palaces, castles, security, home improvements, private jets, butlers, maids, ridiculously lavish lifestyles, and soemd that money on providing for citizens who live on the streets with no food.

Not quite sure why you referenced Boris Johnson as an alternative? He's a piece of garbage just as much as the Royal family are.

Edited by crookesjoe

11 minutes ago, crookesjoe said:

I wouldn't replace them with anything. My preference would be to remove the archaic system of 'Royalty', and spend the money they waste on palaces, castles, security, home improvements, private jets, butlers, maids, ridiculously lavish lifestyles, and soemd that money on providing for citizens who live on the streets with no food.

Not quite sure why you referenced Boris Johnson as an alternative? He's a piece of garbage just as much as the Royal family are.

As I pointed out, but you chose to disregard, there is always a 'boss' in any society, and although the Royal Family is only symbolic in our constitutional democracy, you would still have an 'elite'. Laudable as your idea is, it disregards this.

If you don't want Boris Johnson, how about Jeremy Corbyn? -EEEK!

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As I pointed out, but you chose to disregard, there is always a 'boss' in any society, and although the Royal Family is only symbolic in our constitutional democracy, you would still have an 'elite'. Laudable as your idea is, it disregards this.

If you don't want Boris Johnson, how about Jeremy Corbyn? -EEEK!

Corbyn is as pathetic as Boris.

The Royal family are lazy privileged freeloaders, they have zero connection with reality and how normal people live.

It's sickening. 

6 minutes ago, crookesjoe said:

Corbyn is as pathetic as Boris.

The Royal family are lazy privileged freeloaders, they have zero connection with reality and how normal people live.

It's sickening. 

I agree with your first point, query your second, and ask again - how would you re-order society - if you could?

29 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree with your first point, query your second, and ask again - how would you re-order society - if you could?

I don't have an answer for how to re order society 

You're 100% right, there will always be a boss class. I cant change that, but at least let me bitch about it on Sheffield forum haha :)

13 minutes ago, crookesjoe said:

I don't have an answer for how to re order society 

You're 100% right, there will always be a boss class. I cant change that, but at least let me bitch about it on Sheffield forum haha :)

OK :)

Now I see where you're coming from, I'll let you complain - at least you can see reality, unlike some on here.