The Royal Family Discussion Thread

So they've had the HRH titles stripped from them but they still desperately want to use the internationally trademarked 'Sussex Royal' name/brand and still refer to themselves on their website as "Their Royal Highnesses".

I guess they want the Royal connection and the money making opportunities it brings WITHOUT any of their Royal duties. How very progressive of them to become Royal capitalists!

Edited by Car Boot

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

So they've had the HRH titles stripped from them but they still desperately want to use the internationally trademarked 'Sussex Royal' name/brand and still refer to themselves on their website as "Their Royal Highnesses".

I guess they want the Royal connection and the money making opportunities it brings WITHOUT any of their Royal duties. How very progressive of them to become Royal capitalists!

Eh? You think Megan has spent her sunday updating a website?

Harry knows that he is not needed as part of 'the firm'. He is 6th in line to the throne so can afford to say enough...he was originally the spare heir but with the birth of William's children he no longer fulfils that role. 

The media have been vile to him and Meghan and on top of that he has endured the continued stories about what his mother was supposed to have done or not done. When the whole Prince Andrew debacle erupted I think it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I wish him, Meghan and Archie a happy future away from the straight jacket that being a senior royal imposes. His mother was a beautiful woman who died before she got a chance of happiness so he should seize this chance with both hands.

54 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don't think Meghan updates the website herself no, but The SussexRoyal website was updated after the announcement from Buckingham Palace on Saturday night.. 

"Update: 18th of January 2020

In line with the statement by Her Majesty The Queen, information on the roles and work of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be updated on this website in due course. We appreciate your patience and invite you to explore the site to see the current works of Their Royal Highnesses." 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Meghan pays the little people to do everything on her website. You really must stop imagining that she is anything like ordinary, decent working class people. Her and Harry are a part of the ruling class.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Meghan pays the little people to do everything on her website. You really must stop imagining that she is anything like ordinary, decent working class people. Her and Harry are a part of the ruling class.

A prince and his wife, part of the ruling class?

Who’d have thought that?

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

A prince and his wife, part of the ruling class?

Who’d have thought that?

I'm a republican.  I would gladly be rid of the lot of them.

However, these two don't rule any of us in any way.

As part of the Aristocracy they don't 'rule' anyone. We had a civil war to sort that out a long time ago.

29 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

I'm a republican.  I would gladly be rid of the lot of them.

However, these two don't rule any of us in any way.

As part of the Aristocracy they don't 'rule' anyone. We had a civil war to sort that out a long time ago.

When the Sussex Royal security warns the commoners not to do something - such as stand in a certain place or not to take any photos in their presence in a public place, even if the commoner is taking a selfie or a photo of somebody else, then the commoners will find out exactly who rules whom.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

So the Toxic Two can't use their HRH titles any more but are free to use their brand name 'Sussex Royal' on everything to milk their Royal connections to the max?

What's it matter to you if they do? They aren't taking money out of the public purse, they won't even be in the country most of the time.

I don't understand why people are still giving a **** over this. Rich kid and new wife move out of his nan's house and moves to Canada. Done. Finished.