The Royal Family Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Every time the Euros come around I always watch the players singing their hearts out to their National Anthoms whilst our lot mumble their way through, either their just not Patriotic or just, thick.  :hihi:

Well, I'm just a dumbass moron, but I don't think "Britannia rules the waves" would go down very well with the former slave colonies

33 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Well, I'm just a dumbass moron, but I don't think "Britannia rules the waves" would go down very well with the former slave colonies

True, its as previous posters mentioned  aswell,   careful  not to offend has to be a major point.

14 hours ago, The Joker said:

Well, I'm just a dumbass moron

Well I’m not going to argue that you are a dumbass moron, you said it not me. However some of your posts are educational and enjoyable to read, not all.

If you look at post 556 and 558, and I suspect you already have,  You will realise that we have already agreed that Rule Britannia wouldn’t be suitable for a National Anthem.  

I’m hoping it stays as it is with a slight change when the Queen dies. If in the future the powers above decide to change it, I agree with Baron99 of having music only, we can all put our hand on our heart  just like the Americans do when it is being played. 

Edited by hauxwell

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Well I’m not going to argue that you are a dumbass moron, you said it not me. However some of your posts are educational and enjoyable to read, not all.

If you look at post 556 and 558, and I suspect you already have,  You will realise that we have already agreed that Rule Britannia wouldn’t be suitable for a National Anthem.  

I’m hoping it stays as it is with a slight change when the Queen dies. If in the future the powers above decide to change it, I agree with Baron99 of having music only, we can all put our hand on our heart  just like the Americans do when it is being played. 

You may be right about it being music only, but doesn't that speak sadly of the times when people will find offence in almost any words?  Surely we could come up with something.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

You may be right about it being music only, but doesn't that speak sadly of the times when people will find offence in almost any words?  Surely we could come up with something.

I agree with you when you say people will find offence in almost any word.   One of the reasons I thought it was a good idea when Baron99 suggested music only and no words so there is less chance of offending someone.  Although I still wouldn’t rule it out with only music.

I’m hoping the Royal Family will continue to exist for many years so I’m not going to worry about an new national anthem.

I know your not a Royalist but am I right in thinking you have a soft spot for the Queen?

20 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I agree with you when you say people will find offence in almost any word.   One of the reasons I thought it was a good idea when Baron99 suggested music only and no words so there is less chance of offending someone.  Although I still wouldn’t rule it out with only music.

I’m hoping the Royal Family will continue to exist for many years so I’m not going to worry about an new national anthem.

I know your not a Royalist but am I right in thinking you have a soft spot for the Queen?

Well there's no doubt she's done her duty diligently for a long time, and it can't have been easy considering how things have changed over the years so she deserves credit and respect for that. I think she's been a steady and stablising influence for Britain and the commonwealth, but even the commonwealth she's tried so long to protect is now a controversial idea.

I wouldn't like to see everything she's dedicated her life to ripped up before her eyes, but maybe when she's gone it would be time for change.

I'm not a monarchist because I believe it is the root cause of class division in this country which is bred into the system, and that leads inevitably to deep historical inequalities throughout society. 

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Well there's no doubt she's done her duty diligently for a long time, and it can't have been easy considering how things have changed over the years so she deserves credit and respect for that. I think she's been a steady and stablising influence for Britain and the commonwealth, but even the commonwealth she's tried so long to protect is now a controversial idea.

I wouldn't like to see everything she's dedicated her life to ripped up before her eyes, but maybe when she's gone it would be time for change.

I'm not a monarchist because I believe it is the root cause of class division in this country which is bred into the system, and that leads inevitably to deep historical inequalities throughout society. 

But that's just my opinion.

I enjoyed reading this.  It was a nice sensible answer.

On 08/01/2020 at 21:51, Delphene said:

Well the balloon has finally gone up ! Meghan Markle has finally devided and conquered the royal family. Her selfish actions and desires has been just like a wrecking ball, since she married Prince Harry. He's really under the thumb, and probably terrified she will leave him ! I think  behind all her sincerity and smiles, she is self speaking and manipulative. I feel so sorry for Harry, when he comes out of his dream state, he will curse the day he met her. No doubt another baby will come into the picture, and complete her final leverage. They say love is blind, so true, but one day Harry will come to the realisation what a prize mess he's landed himself in. I feel sorry for our beautiful Queen, she doesn't need anymore heartache after the Prince Andrew shame. Well Meghan will have a long term meal ticket, that's for sure. My terminology for her would be the destroyer, Piers Morgan was correct about Meghan all along. Wallis Simpson, American sound familiar? It will not end well, and Harry will end up devastated and heartbroken.

Doing a good job agent Meghan. Keep it up.