The Royal Family Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Well said Crookesey, Ive been trying to say that to Bargepole and all the silly people who don't mind this lot fleecing the country.

So you read my post #613 and concluded that I'm a Royalist??? Have another read, I'm the polar opposite my friend. Despise the whole system, including the landed gentry who "own" vast swathes of this country.

My question to you was why do we need a President, not why bother swapping from Queen to President. But if you spent more time reading and less picking out your favourite emoji, you would have understood that.

Edited by Bargepole23

47 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

So you read my post #613 and concluded that I'm a Royalist??? Have another read, I'm the polar opposite my friend. Despise the whole system, including the landed gentry who "own" vast swathes of this country.

My question to you was why do we need a President, not why bother swapping from Queen to President. But if you spent more time reading and less picking out your favourite emoji, you would have understood that.

Just one Person ( forget the title)  running the country and being paid one wage with out paying the scrounging  Royalty     on looking back I have miss read your previous post, my apologies especially to an anti Royalist like my self. 

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Just one Person ( forget the title)  running the country and being paid one wage with out paying the scrounging  Royalty     on looking back I have miss read your previous post, my apologies especially to an anti Royalist like my self. 

No problem, my apologies also for being a bit snotty :)

Vive la republique!

8 hours ago, trastrick said:

Let's go all the way!

We could get rid of all the biggest and richest scammers in the World, at the same time.

The Pope, Archbishops, Priests, Ministers, Rabbis, Imams, churches, chapels, synagogues, mosques. Use their grand palaces to house the homeless, refugees, immigrants, and the poor.

And do we really need to line up at a government Registry Office, and pay them to give us permission to shack up with the bird down the street?  Or leave her if she turns out to be a nutcase?

Uncle Harry can do the honors at births, funerals, and civil unions. At least he knows the family personally.

Off with ALL their heads!

I'm in 👍

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Just been on the BBC news at one, the Queen is stopping at Windsor instead of going to Sandringham for Xmas. By the way I'm going to phone the BBC News and tell em, I'm going to  mi mams for Xmas dinner. :hihi:

That's nice to know Presley, :thumbsup:.

Go steady on your Mums sprouts, if there ow't like my daughters, they'll be Toxic :gag:

George V was the first Windsor monarch to speak English as a first language as adverted to their preferred German, he realised that voice recording technology would soon tell the populace which team he batted for. They bred like rabbits at the cost of ordinary folk, Edward V111 was a mate of Hitler and would have sold the U.K. down the river, other than for the intervention of Stanley Baldwin.

What a bloody shower.

13 minutes ago, crookesey said:

George V was the first Windsor monarch to speak English as a first language as adverted to their preferred German, he realised that voice recording technology would soon tell the populace which team he batted for. They bred like rabbits at the cost of ordinary folk, Edward V111 was a mate of Hitler and would have sold the U.K. down the river, other than for the intervention of Stanley Baldwin.

What a bloody shower.

As the house of Windsor started with George V because they didn't want to be known as  a german family in WWI - then yes, he was the first Windsor monarch to speak English as a first language!! 

George III was the first Hanoverian monarch to be born in England with English as a first language...

Otherwise, Henry IV was the first monarch to speak English as a first language

2 minutes ago, CarolW said:

As the house of Windsor started with George V because they didn't want to be known as  a german family in WWI - then yes, he was the first Windsor monarch to speak English as a first language!! 

George III was the first Hanoverian monarch to be born in England with English as a first language...

Otherwise, Henry IV was the first monarch to speak English as a first language

George III and all of his decedent monarchy up to Edward VII spoke German as their first language.