The Royal Family Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I can not understand the strength of malice towards an organisation which defines our identity and is non political.

I am sure many members of the Royal Family would prefer to their lives away from the spotlight and probably earn their living as a bricklayer or cook and live an uneventful life. Unfortunately because of what they were born into they do not have this 

Exactly, they have no political power, and that's how it should be.

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

Exactly, they have no political power, and that's how it should be.

Well Andy will be off to answer the questions the FBI want him to answer then , I mean Julian Assange is on his way we can't have one rule for one and one rule for Royals can we ,.

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just watching Downton Abbey. Great times when people knew their place in society 

Hurrah for Opression.  :loopy:

12 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Have you considered they may prefer to work down the pit or in a steel works where they could criticise you.

Now your talking daft. :roll:

11 hours ago, janie48 said:

No not "take take take" give give give, because those royals who are committed and dedicated to their duties are doing the job right.

You really are Deluded. :hihi:

21 hours ago, janie48 said:

None of us choose what class we are born into.

But we certainly can choose to change it later on. If you are born a royal you can relinquish all titles and become un royal just as Harry has done.  It time to put a stop on it all and end it when her maj goes. Heaven forbid that we get a nutty King Charles and even worse the smarmy William and his constantly laughing smarmy Kate.

Edited by Dromedary

46 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

But we certainly can choose to change it later on. If you are born a royal you can relinquish all titles and become un royal just as Harry has done.  It time to put a stop on it all and end it when her maj goes. Heaven forbid that we get a nutty King Charles and even worse the smarmy William and his constantly laughing smarmy Kate.

Maybe they think they have a duty to the country to continue the monarchy which is above selfish desires.

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

I reckon the next king and Queen should be Harry Hewitt and Me Again Markle. That will drive the final nail into the monarchys coffin faster that you can say "Who's Ya Daddy". 

I believe the queen still believes she was put on the throne by God, and has Divine right to rule.

Do any of her subjects actually believe that? I doubt it.

This country is class riddled because of this nonsense. 

The Victorians firmly believed that everyone was born into their place in society, and it was an affront to God to try and change the order of things, thus you were expected to 'know your place' and not aspire to anything more or you would incur the wrath of God. Very useful for maintaining order.

Times have changed, but the aristocracy still sit comfortably behind this crap, having done nothing to earn their wealth and privileges.

Edited by Anna B

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I believe the queen still believes she was put on the throne by God, and has Divine right to rule.

Do any of her subjects actually believe that? I doubt it.

This country is class riddled because of this nonsense. 

The Victorians firmly believed that everyone was born into their place in society, and it was an affront to God to try and change the order of things, thus you were expected to 'know your place' and not aspire to anything more or you would incur the wrath of God. Very useful for maintaining order.

Times have changed, but the aristocracy still sit comfortably behind this crap, having done nothing to earn their wealth and privileges.

The Church and Royalty are as one , They stick together like glue it keeps the prolls  in their place . They may get a rude awakening one day but not in the foreseeable future 

Edited by cuttsie