Are there any good rnb/hip hop nights in sheffield anymore?

rubiomk2

oooh! - was that a dig at me, mr "bringiton"? you must be very clever indeed to be able to tell all that about a person from one little message. I've heard of pre-judging...

Keep yer hair on! Sorry, just get too used to idiots coming into bars blatantly playing old funk/soul/disco (for example) asking for "hip-hop or RnB". The sort of ****** up ***** that'd put Pussycats Dolls down as 'urban' music. You know the type :huh:

Ha ha, good call bro but I think they're referring to the chart garbage that goes along with RnB, you knows the stuff - 50 Cent etc. Blokes with their tops off/white vests on who throw poses to look hard and only got into to get the $$$ and girls.

Stick with Empire ;)

Take it you've never been to empire then??

If you just want 50 cent/Jay Z/ Beyonce in the company of year 11s flashing Argos diamonds and starin each other out, you're spoilt for choice here.

If you want something a little more than that, go to Manchester instead and head for TwiceasNice.

Couldn't agree with you more rebel md. Sick of schoolboys in the club going off like they're brave! When we all know they've just stopped pi***ng the bed the other week!

I'm from Sheffield, and a lot sillyness always used to go off at hip-hop/rnb clubs during the late 90's / early 00's. Doesn't seem to bad now, but I prefer to go out in Manchester and Leeds nowadays.

A small minority of people don't know how to behave themselves man!

You've managed to put me off Sheffield (Rebel MD and Dapper Dan) and i'm trying to persuade my friends to try Manchester - it's reassuring to know not all blokes are the sort of idiots you're describing - just need more of your type in the places i go - i was beginning to think i only attract daft young lads who think they're 'ard! Fundamentalz sounds worth a try though (thanks J-Blaze) - in sheffield tomorrow though and am going to try empire for what it's worth - after all if the company's good you should be able to have a good laugh anywhere!

Keep yer hair on! Sorry, just get too used to idiots coming into bars blatantly playing old funk/soul/disco (for example) asking for "hip-hop or RnB". The sort of ****** up ***** that'd put Pussycats Dolls down as 'urban' music. You know the type :huh:

wicked post man, i hate those bitches too, its all "oooh can you play some Kanye for me?" when proper hip hopaz know that scene is all balls...seems to be what little skinny kidz and slappers like...

tried empire bar on saturday- worse than i expected - dead, no atmosphere and a little bit like a youth club - oh well, i know not to go back there - went across the road to sutra and that wasn't any better - still up for suggestions?!

Archived