Don`t feed bread to ducks - RSCB.

Don't know about ducks and bread.

But no-one can argue with this post, surely

Well I think we can. Cigs, fatty food etc was all healthy until research said it wasn't, a bit like bread and ducks. If you want to keep feeding bread to ducks despite the signs, smoking despite warnings go ahead, I can't stop you.

What nuclear bombs have got to do with it I'm not entirely sure. Diesels, fair point but petrol and electric tech has moved on a pace and of course, research (and car companies lying).

But ducks don't eat bread naturally, it's man made. They aren't designed for it.

---------- Post added 28-10-2018 at 22:53 ----------

When chicks being fed from the sea by their parents have got belly full's of plastic, I think giving the local wild life a bit of Hovis is nothing in comparison.

I was thinking along similar lines, but a different direction. As we've got seagulls full of clothes pegs, surely it's not too much to ask not to feed ducks something that could do them harm (albeit not as bad as plastic) for your own amusement.

Well I think we can. Cigs, fatty food etc was all healthy until research said it wasn't, a bit like bread and ducks. If you want to keep feeding bread to ducks despite the signs, smoking despite warnings go ahead, I can't stop you.

What nuclear bombs have got to do with it I'm not entirely sure. Diesels, fair point but petrol and electric tech has moved on a pace and of course, research (and car companies lying).

But ducks don't eat bread naturally, it's man made. They aren't designed for it.

I don't want to feed bread to ducks. Especially now research say it's bad for them.

All I'm saying is that experts and research are not always right

I seem to remember years ago, on cold frosty mornings in the winter, you were encouraged to put bread out for the birds.

Now you're encouraged to put out birdseed (but wash out your feeders from time to time). Time has moved on too, years ago you wouldn't have gone out and bought food for birds.

---------- Post added 28-10-2018 at 23:18 ----------

I don't want to feed bread to ducks. Especially now research say it's bad for them.

All I'm saying is that experts and research are not always right

I guess they are at the time, but then they're not. But I take your point :)

Bang on kid, the experts that told us to buy a diesel car is a good one to start with ,then we could try the guys that made an atomic bomb so as to kill millions in one go ,thousands of experts about in fact at one time the they even said that smoking cigs was good for you.

They also studied medicine and invented agriculture, both fundamental to you having reached the age you're at now. :roll:

---------- Post added 29-10-2018 at 07:27 ----------

Don't know about ducks and bread.

But no-one can argue with this post, surely

Seriously? You think that a post containing two facts, one that a mistake was made regarding environmental impact of the use of diesel and two that a weapon was developed. That those two facts somehow mean that the earlier post "we've had enough of experts" is supported and can't be argued with?

God help us all.

Although actually I'm fine with experts helping me, and you two can go and wallow in your ignorance. I assume you'll be foreswearing not just diesel, but automotive transport entirely, and you'll be ceasing to use the forum immediately as the computer you use and the internet we collectively use were conceived off and built by experts in their fields.

Bang on kid, the experts that told us to buy a diesel car is a good one to start with ,then we could try the guys that made an atomic bomb so as to kill millions in one go ,thousands of experts about in fact at one time the they even said that smoking cigs was good for you.

Who told you to buy a 'diesel car'?

Was it the 'expert' inventor, or the engineers, or the technicians?

Did you ask them?

Or was it the 'expert' salesman or 'expert' politician?

Did you ask them the right questions?

Was it the scientist or the politician who told you about the health and environmental impact of diesel emissions?

Which one did you believe?

For most of us it was an economic choice. WE bought the cars.

I saw a jobs worth telling of a young mom and her kids for feeding the ducks at Creswell crags. the kids started roorin ,I asked him who these experts are who have decided that a a tradition that has passed down through generations is now crap. His reply was , Its from head office.

I was at Creswell last month. The place looked a real mess with bread strewn everywhere. It was like a slick on top of the water at the end near the visitor centre, and all over the paths and grass.

Who told you to buy a 'diesel car'?

Was it the 'expert' inventor, or the engineers, or the technicians?

Did you ask them?

Or was it the 'expert' salesman or 'expert' politician?

Did you ask them the right questions?

Was it the scientist or the politician who told you about the health and environmental impact of diesel emissions?

Which one did you believe?

For most of us it was an economic choice. WE bought the cars.

The Government and Sheffield council advised people to buy diesel back in the eighties , I did ,still got it its done 220 ,000 miles if thats not saving the environment then I don't know what is.

---------- Post added 29-10-2018 at 13:58 ----------

I was at Creswell last month. The place looked a real mess with bread strewn everywhere. It was like a slick on top of the water at the end near the visitor centre, and all over the paths and grass.

Where you hit on the head by the grouse and pheasants being shot out of the sky on the public foot path ,allowed by the same people who tell kids not to feed ducks.