Web sites selling dangerous weapons

The point was..............crap.

This shop is legal, selling and buying of some knives is legal, some are banned. As long as they abide by the rules and regulations they arent doing anything wrong.

Theres at least one in whitby too that sells knives, guns, zippo lighters etc, its been there decades so must be doing things correctly?

Now if you want to debate why you think these items should NOT be legal then fire away

What an <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

I've got a few Sheffield knives given to me as presents over the years.

And as a kid of the 70s I'm not ashamed to say I drooled at the Webley air pistols in the glass cases of Suggs.

Wow, that brings back many many memories. Had several over the years, and every one was the same, useless. The absoloute lack of power of any kind made them ok for target plinking about 5 yds away, at 10 yds the pellet had problems shooting through the paper, aye they were that poor. But of course, state of art in their day. A good clean one these days makes a few quid. Same goes for the BSA pistol. Both are collector items now.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 31-10-2018 at 08:23 ----------

[/color]

How will that rule out online sales?

Purchase by credit card pretty much validates age, signed for delivery to the person that ordered it validates delivery.

“The Government] proposes that where a knife is sold online, it is an offence to deliver the knife to a private residential address. Knives sold online must only be delivered to and collected – by the person who made the purchase – at a place where the age of the purchaser can be checked… It will be for retailers to decide where purchasers can collect the knives bought online and have their age checked.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/offensive-and-dangerous-weapons-new-legislation

“The Government] proposes that where a knife is sold online, it is an offence to deliver the knife to a private residential address. Knives sold online must only be delivered to and collected – by the person who made the purchase – at a place where the age of the purchaser can be checked… It will be for retailers to decide where purchasers can collect the knives bought online and have their age checked.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/offensive-and-dangerous-weapons-new-legislation

Amazon do this already.

Edited by steve68
Does (I) know

So now you are inferring that I'm going to stab someone, don't tar everyone with the same brush. It's obvious that any blade can cause harm and I don't need an amateur arguer pointing it out to me.

I didn't infer that at all of course. I was pointing out that your hysteria over a shop selling knives is misplaced. Knives and other weapons are readily available at many, many shops. And almost all of us have many knives in our houses that are perfectly capable of killing.

So what point were you making? Why single out this particular shop instead of perhaps the local Tesco where you can buy a 9" knife for £2.99