Brazil Election.

Own ideas, yes, but just off-the-cuff.

It’s really just a variation of a ‘dutiful’ technocracy (what can you do for your country, not what can your country do for you), tailored to bar careerists (politicians or civil servants irrespective) from accessing the highest executive and so the most power.

A bit like a fuse between ‘the system’ (Westminster, lobby groups, etc) and the ultimate seat of power (Parliament or the local equivalent).

No reason why it couldn’t scale up to regional (understood as eg EU) or even global.

I'm wondering how technology will impact on the shape of government in years to come. I see too much centralised focus of power, leading to the inevitable self serving corruption, which I feel exists pretty much everywhere.

Would more decentralisation help? Putting power back in the hands of people and allowing things to evolve more organically, and how would that affect our ability to organise and implement larger scale projects?

More use of block-chain for example, not just for currency, but for voting and other areas of social function.

I think it would be prudent to have in the school-even University curriculum - the ideas proposed by the Electoral Reform Society.

Citizen Education.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/campaigns/upgrading-our-democracy/

Part of their read should be , John Locke's "Two Treaties on Government".

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 01:10 ----------

Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of The Environment to be merged.

Edited by petemcewan
Update