Views on the budget.

What exactly is given away? I don't even know why it's being called that.

A small increase in tax allowances, as has happened every year for quite some time, in a way that mostly benefits the well off... And no increase in tax on petrol, as has been the case for about a decade.

Hardly being generous.

For me its £2770 per year better off, although I don't claim any tax credits, maybe its wrong?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/budget-2018-tax-calculator-money-philip-hammond-announcement-a8601176.html

For me its £2770 per year better off, although I don't claim any tax credits, maybe its wrong?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/budget-2018-tax-calculator-money-philip-hammond-announcement-a8601176.html

That's largely coming from income tax saving then?

I can't really fill it in for myself, I adjust my income from my company to go into the upper tax band by only a small amount, and this calculator makes no allowance for any salary sacrifice pension contribution.

I can't really fill it in for myself, I adjust my income from my company to go into the upper tax band by only a small amount, and this calculator makes no allowance for any salary sacrifice pension contribution.

Nobody will be able to save that much from income tax savings.

The most I can get that calculator to say income tax saving is for £860. That goes down for very high earners (as the personal allowance is withdrawn presumably). Also, the national insurance contributions go up, so you don’t see all of those savings anyway, particularly if you earn more..

MAybe El Cids comes from a living wage rise as well..due in next year I believe..?

I have done the BBC calculator, compared to 2018/19, I will pay £12.92 less(income tax and NI) a month in 2019/20.

Are you sure about that. From my understanding they kept an in crease in NI hidden. I read that some journalists only found this detail this morning.