Save the planet by becoming a vegan.

For 15yrs I was a vegetarian. It didn't really suit me-I was probably doing it wrong.

I tried Macrobiotics-umeboshi plumbs and all that. During the whole period my asthma got worse, my eyes hurt me all the time (lack of vit B2 ) . When I gave it up and started eating meat again, I started to get better and feel stronger. There's no way I would go back to being a veggie.

I'm not so sure that there's credible scientific evidence that a vegetarian or vegan diet is healthier for you than a diet that includes meat.

That’s interesting. I used to get hay fever type allergies to dust and mould whilst vegetarian. I’ve nothing against being veggie/vegan but I’m not convinced it’s more healthy than eating meat.

All those vegan f**ts increase the methane in the atmosphere thus negating the decrease in the number of cows which they say, increase global warming by f**ting loads of methane.

how much methane comes out of a vegan and out of a cow, have you measured it?

The Joker,

No problems. I'll pop on an extra "gansy"

or two and live far too long for some people's taste.

sorry Pete, I always thought it was the gob-frothing right-whingers who wanted to kill off the old codgers (it saves the NHS £billions)

But nope, it’s the caring & sharing lefties who want them all dead :hihi:

So your idea of ditching "global importation" is really a no goer..?

Not really, by global importation I meant importing food from far flung places as a lot of that is not basic foodstuff but what I would call luxury food. For instance it may be nice to have a fresh pineapple costing £1 but when you take into account its weight, where its from and how it gets here, buying it for just £1 seems wrong.

As said we have not been self sufficient for centuries but we could be if necessary, but that would mean a change in eating habits which people wont like. A bit like being a vegan!

Edited by apelike