Save the planet by becoming a vegan.

Why vegan, and not vegetarian

If say 80% went veggie and some still ate dairy, we’d need animal farming still for the dairy products. but then the 20% of people who were still eating meat would have a ready supply of meat from dairy animals reaching the end of their useful dairy lives.

It could be a decent halfway house, still better for the planet and still offering choice and allowing a range of diets.

There are some very silly people in the world today.

I agree; which makes my counter-proposal for saving the world, all the more sensible. We shouldn't stop eating meat, we should just change the kind of meat we eat. I propose we eat people!...

If you think about it, it solves several problems with one stroke; and will eventually reduce the population down to numbers that the planet can cope with, win-win!

Soylent green anyone?

I agree; which makes my counter-proposal for saving the world, all the more sensible. We shouldn't stop eating meat, we should just change the kind of meat we eat. I propose we eat people!...

If you think about it, it solves several problems with one stroke; and will eventually reduce the population down to numbers that the planet can cope with, win-win!

We could have a referendum about who to eat :)

Soylent green anyone?

there are some primitive tribes that still practice cannibalism.

I’ve been told the human brain is high in protein.

Why vegan, and not vegetarian

If say 80% went veggie and some still ate dairy, we’d need animal farming still for the dairy products. but then the 20% of people who were still eating meat would have a ready supply of meat from dairy animals reaching the end of their useful dairy lives.

It could be a decent halfway house, still better for the planet and still offering choice and allowing a range of diets.

The economics and husbandry of dairy and meat farming are very different. We meat eaters don't normally eat 'dairy animals reaching the end of their useful dairy lives' although we do eat the male calves.

We red meat eaters usually eat British and Irish cattle fed on:

-grass from land where cereal production is uneconomic or being rested.

-cereal types not suitable or not required for human consumption.

-cereal by-products and waste and other suitable waste or not required for human consumption.

-imported grains

Imported meat from the EU and permitted non-EU countries also fall into this controlled regime. Be very wary of American imports.

Vegetarians etc. should be very concerned about the economic, environmental, health and social damage they cause from eating non-EU products.

---------- Post added 05-11-2018 at 23:39 ----------

But they might be healthier for it; and it might cost less too.

The enormous cost and environmental damage caused by bringing more land into agricultural use is not an option- it wasn't in WWI or II.

In reality very few of our vegetarians are willing to have a diet of seasonal British products.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Death threats and graffiti for Devon farmer over 'pick your own turkey' offer

A farm has been covered in anti-meat graffiti after furious vegans branded a farmer a murderer and a psychopath - and even issued a death threat - over a pick your own turkey offer.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/death-threats-devon-farmer-over-2186961