Alleged $90 million pay off.

So why, in your opinion, was he asked to resign, when other employees were dismissed for sexual misconduct?

I suspect the other 13 were dismissed after any allegations made were found to be credible; my understanding is that no such conclusion was made in Rubin's case, and no criminal proceedings were ever launched.

On the other other, Google wouldn't want to be seen to have a very high profile senior exec at the top of the organisation, with such a cloud hanging over him. **** sticks etc, especially in today's febrile atmosphere around such issues. It would be a PR nightmare. So they shunted him off with a big payout, rather than keep him on.

I suspect the other 13 were dismissed after any allegations made were found to be credible; my understanding is that no such conclusion was made in Rubin's case, and no criminal proceedings were ever launched.

On the other other, Google wouldn't want to be seen to have a very high profile senior exec at the top of the organisation, with such a cloud hanging over him. **** sticks etc, especially in today's febrile atmosphere around such issues. It would be a PR nightmare. So they shunted him off with a big payout, rather than keep him on.

Mmmm.....that's all well and good, however, reports are that Google did find the allegation 'credible'. (it's in the BBC link posted above).

So, now you know that, don't you think Google should have just sacked him, just like the others?

Mmmm.....that's all well and good, however, reports are that Google did find the allegation 'credible'. (it's in the BBC link posted above).

So, now you know that, don't you think Google should have just sacked him, just like the others?

see my answer above.

If it was Rubin, the inventor of Android, what’s to stop him from joining a competitor such as Apple and pushing ahead with the iOS platform ?

Better to pay Rubin off and get him to sign a no-compete clause.

I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s what I suspect happened.

I'd rather see a comment directly from Google to say that the allegations were credible. I've not seen one yet. Instead, I've seen lots of comments attributed to them.

If that is the case though, then he clearly should have been fired. However, even upon firing, we know nothing of his employment contract, and he himself is on record as saying the payout claims are wildly inaccurate.

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 11:56 ----------

see my answer above.

If it was Rubin, the inventor of Android, what’s to stop him from joining a competitor such as Apple and pushing ahead with the iOS platform ?

Why would Apple want Rubin, when IoS is so vastly superior to Android? :hihi:

see my answer above.

I agree with you, that's why the staff walked out in protest. The coder with the wandering hands gets shown the door, yet the Android inventor gets the golden goodbye.

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 12:00 ----------

I'd rather see a comment directly from Google to say that the allegations were credible. I've not seen one yet. Instead, I've seen lots of comments attributed to them.

If that is the case though, then he clearly should have been fired. However, even upon firing, we know nothing of his employment contract, and he himself is on record as saying the payout claims are wildly inaccurate.

Do you think the staff walking out in protest had a point?

Why would Apple want Rubin, when IoS is so vastly superior to Android? :hihi:

I’m not getting involved in that argument but I will say that Apple copies everybody else’s features, perfects them, then sues anybody who rudely returns the favour.

So why wouldn’t Apple spend some coin on recruiting Rubin and getting the best features first, instead of a year after the rest of the industry ?

Google would have to pay off Rubin and get him to sign a no-contest clause if they wanted to stay relevant in the mobile phone market.