Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

bassett one

On Friday night, Wednesday were held back 10 minutes. We came out of John St and were ALL diverted down John St towards Shoreham St. We were heading for West St. Diversion took about about 10 minutes in the crowds. Perfect for bumping in to Wednesday fans on West St. SYP make their own problems.

It never makes sense to me this (not just for this match, but all of them) Surely it would be better to hold the home fans back, much easier to get the minority away from the area quickly rather than the majority?

It never makes sense to me this (not just for this match, but all of them) Surely it would be better to hold the home fans back, much easier to get the minority away from the area quickly rather than the majority?

It's never been done like that anywhere I don't think. It would make sense but the majority would resent being held back for the minority. I was held back for 25 minutes once, somewhere or other.

If Wednesday concede early, it could eclipse the boxing day massacre.

Always the chance that Reach could pop up with a 30 yarder, but I just can't see Wednesday keeping a clean sheet OR scoring more than 1

Gotta take whats coming to us, it'll be our turn again in the next 10 years....

Just who's side were you on pre-game :huh:

I have just realised that Wednesday had five academy youngsters in their team of big hitters .While their real big hitters were still sat in the stands that is.

How many of Uniteds famous academy was there outon the pitch.

Billy Sharp ? But they've sold him about 5 times

Good result for Wednesday, battered in terms of possession but not really opened up other than the pen & Sharp's header.

And the strange fixation with the opposition budget continues

I have just realised that Wednesday had five academy youngsters in their team of big hitters .While their real big hitters were still sat in the stands that is.

keep up Albert, it's Monday now

I won't rise to the obvious, the clean sheet will have given the keeper (who had a great game) and the defence a boost after a torrid few weeks, the manager achieved his aim of not losing the game however that comes about, get the likes of FF, Matias, Winnall back and it eases the pressure defensively. I tend to look at the bigger picture not one game.

maybe but you never even tried I applaud a team that gets Wigan lost 4_2 but least they attacked strange but the Norwich result changed his plans and you were happy with a 0_0 even villa attacked more and got hammered 4_1 any Wednesday fan that though Wednesday were good is deluded .You papered over the cracks bannan reach looks disinteresterd.

In light of the Owls fans ,over reaction to a 0-0 draw, and the views of most Owls last week wanting a change in Management and change of a goal keeper.

Has the 0-0 result saved Jos AND now changed your view on the position of keeper?

Despite being out played, can a 0-0 really change ones views so much?

Shocking isn't it how poor the Wednesday squad is now, after all the money spent.

maybe but you never even tried I applaud a team that gets Wigan lost 4_2 but least they attacked strange but the Norwich result changed his plans and you were happy with a 0_0 even villa attacked more and got hammered 4_1 any Wednesday fan that though Wednesday were good is deluded .You papered over the cracks bannan reach looks disinteresterd.

Sorry we'll roll over and let you win 5-0 next time.

Bannan & Reach are two players who I cannot accuse of being disinterested, the tactics in this game passed them by. I don't think it papered over any cracks, we looked reasonable before the last International break and fell apart in the four games prior to the derby, Friday was a chance to avoid defeat against a team that play on the front foot, get a much needed clean sheet and move on. If the game has given the defence confidence and we can start to get some forward players back from injury the match will have been far more precious than the one point it gleaned.

Fair play to united by they need more guile upfront to really make they're style of play count over a season, it wasn't as effective in the second half of the game.